Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Shell drivers club

laumk7

I admit I've always used Shell on my new cars, but I've only just applied for a Shell 'clubcard' as such. I'm quite impressed in a few weeks since i got one then @Stoney871 convincing me to use v power nitro+ whatdyamacallit - I've gained 600 odd points, each 500 being 2.50 off fuel vouchers.

So who else has got one and what's your highest ever points?

10 minutes ago, laumk7 said:

I admit I've always used shell

As have I, but I've never applied for Shell clubcard.

Are they worth having then?

They seem to be, points can get tripled at the moment if you buy coffee for example, I'm kicking myself a bit for not getting one sooner tbh

• Like 1

Great things, Once you accumulate points you get sent tokens for money off fuel

• Like 2

I've had one for years highest points I've had was 6000ish. I must admit I do cheat by using it when I fill works cars up as well 😝. Highest fuel voucher was with the 6000ish at £32.50. You just have to be aware they don't always cash all your points in every quarter so you some times get a little less than you think. But all in all there worth it. 

• Like 1

I fill the van, ST and our other fiesta up and get about £20 per quarter back, would prefer it if they let you chooses when you want to get the voucher though.

The sheel payment app is worth getting, get some funny looks when you fill up and just drive off.

i got a card the other day as well as the app how does the apple pay part work don't really want a angry policeman knocking on my door

On 5 September 2016 at 4:36 PM, AlexBartlam said:

i got a card the other day as well as the app how does the apple pay part work don't really want a angry policeman knocking on my door

It works the same as any other Apple Pay. You scan the QR code then just use your Apple ID or finger print to pay. Personally I use the PayPal rather than Apple Pay as I'm not sure if it's still tied to the same as contactless payment of a maximum of £30. Where as PayPal has no limits to the amount you pay. 

I think Sainsbury's Nectar scheme might be more generous in terms of points.

But if you only want to use Shell's high-octane fuel in your car (i.e if you have a performance car - not a bog standard NA, or low-displacement turbo car!), then I guess it's worth it!

I barely ever got any Shell points, using regular diesel at about a tank a fortnight.

I get Nectar points now at BP but Nectar don't send you money off vouchers.  You can just use the money whenever you like but I never think about it so they accumulate for ages along with Sainsburys shopping and eBay.

I've had a Shell card for a while and only ever put V-Power in the ST, so get a fair few points. The vouchers are nice, except when you get one for a 1 litre bottle of water which they don't sell :rolleyes:

Before I had an iron that could cope with tap water, I used to buy quite a lot 1 litre bottles of Shell deionised water for it.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club