Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Model cars

Cookey09

Will get round to more pictures of them all. Received these from my girlfriend this morning and the Blue GT, I picked up from the post office the other day! 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 3

By the looks of Maisto cars they have come along way since I had one.:wub:

• Like 1

They're pretty decent quality! Got a new unit setup in my room, just need lighting, I will post pictures when I get that sorted 😏👍🏻

On 06/09/2016 at 8:01 PM, Ian Lanc said:

That's all well and good stripping the paint back but you've got to replicate the decals that has been removed! This can be done by finding high res' pictures of such badges like Fiesta & the Ford badges, putting them onto a program which will enable you to scale the pictures down without pixelating them, then print the tiny pictures on high quality decal paper, once you've got the scale correct print a full sheet off of the badges & names, you can of course take a pic of your number plates and do the same with them and put on the decal sheet.

You have to use a high quality printer to print the decals off, a cheapo' printer will produce poor decals, also the decals will have to be 'sealed' to stop the colours from running into each other.

Each decal will then have to be cut out individually.

Decal Paper:

http://www.craftycomputerpaper.co.uk/category/Decals

What software do you use for that Ian?

I use Corel Technical Designer bitmap editor and Gimp for photo editing, and some rather old editions of Photoshop

I wish I'd known about that process and the decal paper when I made among a  model of a Suzuki GT250 X7 cake for a mate's birthday.  I just printed off the decals and names on to ordinary 80gms paper with a inkjet photo printer, then cut them out out with a scalpel, and glued them to the cake with confectioners glue.  As you can see, they didn't come out that well.

DSCN0796.JPG

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

I don't usually take an eye to bikes... But that looks like one sweet ride.... Phahaha😂 I'll grab my coat.... 

Anyway... I've got some display units up. Had a few more delieveries too and took a few snaps... Any cars you'd like to see more of... Or interested in. Let me know. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 1

Some lovely models in this thread! :wub:

I'll take a few snaps of my little collection tonight - I tend to only get ones of the cars I've got, had or a variation of, so there aren't that many lol

Took this one the other day as the 2 rarer coloured ones arrived in the post:
30088761471_f9391fe86e_b.jpg

• Like 1

Niiiice!!😛👍🏻 Bet that's an absolute dream waking up to that every morning! 

I've seen those models on the Internet, they interest me, but as they're 1/43, they don't fit my collection! 😩 Might have to drop them in now though! Seeing them all together! They are releasing a 1/18scale Focus RS in your colour at the end of this month mate. Check CKmodel cars and Modelisimo for updates. The model is produced by OttoMobile. So their Facebook page has updates on there too. 

I'd like to do the same! But having only ever owned one car.... Aha. 

Saying that they do a candy blue version which I'm wanting to respray in deep impact blue. Chinese manufacturer though..

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

1 hour ago, Cookey09 said:

Niiiice!!😛👍🏻 Bet that's an absolute dream waking up to that every morning! 

I've seen those models on the Internet, they interest me, but as they're 1/43, they don't fit my collection! 😩 Might have to drop them in now though! Seeing them all together! They are releasing a 1/18scale Focus RS in your colour at the end of this month mate. Check CKmodel cars and Modelisimo for updates. The model is produced by OttoMobile. So their Facebook page has updates on there too. 

I ordered a couple of the Otto 1/18 ones directly from Otto on a pre-order back at the beginning of August so they should be on the way soon.:biggrin:

Ah right, nice one! What did you order? 😏

Greedy! 😉 I want one of those! I'm just waiting for them to become available on sites! 

• 4 weeks later...

Fitted lights in my units. Had a few other models delivered. Happy days. 

Apolgies for the uploader spinning my pictures... 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 1

these are one of my lads the pictures dont do them justice the detail inside is unreal they werent the most expensive but they werent cheap either and some of the models you can spend £100's on them which is more than i paid for previous cars

DSCF0822.JPG

DSCF0823.JPG

DSCF0824.JPG

DSCF0825.JPG

• Like 1

The big ones have arrived! Got 2 - one to put out, one to squirrel away.

30166445040_81ae45a3d3_b.jpg

30464512275_2e62d0e3ef_b.jpg

]29834027254_2c4dd5b7ab_b.jpg

1/18, 1/43, 1/64

30166430690_b0e298a1ed_b.jpg

29831885833_5a8c87658b_b.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Looking good Pete! 

He'll soon catch the bug for collecting! 

Dal, I received my RS today along with the shelby GT350R. Really pleased with these two! 

Ive also recently received a fiesta, pretty pleased with that too! Pictures for you guys, 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

Smart looking collections there guys!

Not in the same league but has anyone come across any "matchbox car" sized Edge models?

My twin boys would love a couple of little versions of my new motor when I get it.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club