Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Elmconfig Mk5

goldtail77

Has anyone else managed to get Elmconfig to work with a 2015 MK5 Mondeo? Am I being a tool, is a MK4.5 a MK5 so the answer is yes?

I took delivery of my car last week, a few days later a 500k enabled USB ODBII reader arrived. Bought from a high feedback seller on eBay. It came with Win10 drivers and Forscan. I proceeded to install it on my laptop, inc drivers, with Win10 on it. Connected it up to the car, Forscan reads everything fine, on HS-CAN and MS-CAN. So I then proceeded to download Elmconfig 0.2.17b to try getting a few extras. Auto windscreen heater and auto lock at speed being the obvious ones.

Now it didn't go so well. I can get the OBD2 to connect, I can read the PCM and IPC i think it was. However the BCM states BCM version not supported. I tried Elmconfig 0.2.10 & 0.2.13b, which seem to be good versions. Even tried changing drivers etc. I'm no PC novice but have been known to do stupid things with computers. All with no joy. I have no reason to blame the laptop as Forscan works and I've used the same machine with FoCCCus on my Focus strangely enough.

I have used forscan on my mk5 with good results, it read all the modules etc. I do not have an adapter with a switch just a standard dongle.

I would be keen to try Elmconfig but where would i download it from? I can try and download it and see how I get on then feedback

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, goldtail77 said:

Elmconfig to work with a 2015 MK5 Mondeo?

To the best of my knowledge, ELMConfig & Focccus are specific to the Focus. ELMConfig was almost all the work of one person, user name  civil-zz on this site. Forscan is more general, results of quite a lot of people.

4 hours ago, Jonro2009 said:

try Elmconfig but where would i download it from?

http://civil.iffc.ru/ELMConfig/

• Like 1

completley different bcm on mk5 im led to believe, so i doubt elmcon fig will work .

mondeo mk5 is usa designed with usa orientated control modules, the earlier mondeos were europe designed.

14 hours ago, iantt said:

completley different bcm on mk5 im led to believe, so i doubt elmcon fig will work .

mondeo mk5 is usa designed with usa orientated control modules, the earlier mondeos were europe designed.

Which makes sense and what I was starting to suspect. There has been next to no mention of MK5 OBD2 mentions in forums I've looked at. 

I'll keep looking to try and find something that works. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club