Do Not Sell My Personal Information

streetka interior door handle

spudduk

help tonight i went to get out of my car and the handle was stiff so i pulled a bit harder and twang its now moving freely but it wont open the door i have to open the window to get out any suggestions ? pleaseeeeeeeeee

help tonight i went to get out of my car and the handle was stiff so i pulled a bit harder and twang its now moving freely but it wont open the door i have to open the window to get out any suggestions ? pleaseeeeeeeeee

My door handle gets stiff has well on my fiesta both sides and sometimes it does feel like iam going to break it. has yours got central locking.

My door handle gets stiff has well on my fiesta both sides and sometimes it does feel like iam going to break it. has yours got central locking.

yep it has C/Locking outside handle is fine

Sounds like you've burst one of the plastic clips joining the rods to actuate the lock in the door. The door panel will need to be removed to see which has come undone. The reason why it was stiff in the first place is probably because of the lock mechanism. There's a spring that likes to fall out of it unfortunatly, so best to get this checked at the same time

yep it has C/Locking outside handle is fine

This happened to my Fords street ka first on the passenger door then 4 months later the drivers door went, fortunetly not at the both time. You will need to take the door panel off, then there is a spring that is attatched to the rod either thats come off or on the actual door handle itself on the inside the plastic lugs break off. If the door still opens from the inside it's more than likley the plastic lugs on the inside off the door handles. Ford ka's are known for this - pick up another from a scrap yards cheaper than fraud. :)

This happened to my Fords street ka first on the passenger door then 4 months later the drivers door went, fortunetly not at the both time. You will need to take the door panel off, then there is a spring that is attatched to the rod either thats come off or on the actual door handle itself on the inside the plastic lugs break off. If the door still opens from the inside it's more than likley the plastic lugs on the inside off the door handles. Ford ka's are known for this - pick up another from a scrap yards cheaper than fraud. :)

cheers guys i gonna take it to a little old man down the road he has a fetish for seeing whats wrong then scours the scrap yards for the bits and he is good my last service cost me parts plus fish and chips a can of pop for his dinner and 50 grams of golden virginia oh and a mars bar for his dog

• 2 years later...

Help!!! Me too!! That is, I've just pulled my passenger side interior door handle and it's not opening my door (it's now going back and forth without doing anything). This happened (for the third time in 12 months) 3 weeks ago....got it fixed (along with the drivers side interior and exterior handles, and it cost me £270 (for both doors - as it happened to both at the same time and I had to climb out of the window)!

I DO NOT want to take my car back in to get this fixed, so could anyone please tell me:

1) is there a way I can fix this - prevent it from happening.

2) is there a Streetka repair and maintaince manual available so that I can repair it myself.

Basically, if I can't deal with this myself, I am thinking about getting another car - as I cannot keep having this happen. (3 times in 12 months). I love my streetka, but I am completely gutted!

HELP!

Thx,

Betty

I'd take it back to the garage that did the work as it appears they botched it.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club