Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Software update

cpowtr

I have a Kuga 01.01.2014.  I asked my local dealership to do a software update on the car and was told it would cost me £100.00.  Not only is the car still in warranty, this facility is free in the US.

Has anyone else had a similiar experience to this?

Unfortunately that's how ford uk seem to operate. Want a software update £100, want a sync update £100. But yes in the USA it's free of charge and sync updates you can do your self via USB. In my opinion at every annual service all software updates for the car or sync should be done as part of the service. Just seems ford uk want to charge for everything like £200 for us to change the oil and kick the tyres. Charging 2hrs labour at £150 then £50 for parts for about 30mins work. So all software update could easily be included in the price. 

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

If they are not fixing something with a software update, you must pay for the service.

The warranty does not entitle you to free updates, only free works to fix faults.

• Like 1

Vauxhall do the updates at annual service time.  Seems pretty mean to not include them when you're paying over the odds for something anyway.

Thank you all for the quick replies and advice.  I think the one I will take is don't do it - it ain't broke so nothing to fix.  Thanks again.

good advise by alex. updates can cause more problems that it fixes. no different to windows updates. lol

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club