Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus MK3.5 Frozen White - WhiteWalker

Bannko

Did not have time recently to put here the updates, so here they all things done still within y 2017:

1. So changed the long 40cm antenna with the short one,m that Ford recommends. Yeah the radio signal in underground is a bit ***** or non but i listen to mp3s anyway hehe :)
17931b12489f81c5med.jpg

2. RS airbox installed, a plug & play job:
9b9f0b4e3c5c126amed.jpg

3. Hood gas struts, really comfortable now and looks dope :)
debb84ab98858c21med.jpg

4. Custom made DP 2.75" + sport cat:
f95f189804e50043med.jpg

5. And the ST brakes with 320mm rotors and new half ceramic pads:
8e108606c6a2de2emed.jpg

6. Some carbon fiber Ford badge overlays for front back and steering wheel :)
79f87acb9a398bd7med.jpg

Aaaand the best play toy is Ford SYNC 3 on the board so the upgrade from SYNC 2 (My Ford Touch) was successful :)
c7f690992ec5542bmed.jpg

Plans for this year 2018 are:
1. to finish the rest of the exhaust
2. custom tune, with the new exhaust hopefully reaching 220HP and 360Nm
3. Retrofiring heated steering wheel and reversing camer :)

• Like 3

Do you have a link for the sun screen and aerial please?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Aerial is the one that Ford recommends:

https://www.ford-accessories.co.uk/infotainment/other-infotainment-accessories/sport-antenna/2049615?model=focus&year=2014

And the sun shades are from Poland:

http://allegro.pl/zaslonki-6-szt-ford-focus-kombi-mk3-2010-i6353162878.html

or if you want the Mondeo here:
http://allegro.pl/zaslonki-ford-mondeo-mk5-liftback-lub-sedan-2013-i6260574854.html

There is a contact email on the seller in the description and he is willing to send abroad. They are much cheaper then the ClimAir that Ford also recommends:

https://www.ford-accessories.co.uk/comfort/comfort-products?model=focus&year=2014

Cheers

• Like 1

Thanks @Bannko I will see if the dealer will order one for me, it does look better than what I have now, I would like shark fin one really. I can’t be bothered having to mess around putting one of them on though.

I also wanted the shark fin... Buz they are not goof quality. The one that Paintmodz sells is a Chinese one only painted with OEM colors and they do not fit 100% on an estate. 

I would rather recommend a shark fin from US company Visual garage, they have their own product. 

But shark fins are easy to put on they just cover the original black base. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bannko said:

I also wanted the shark fin... Buz they are not goof quality. The one that Paintmodz sells is a Chinese one only painted with OEM colors and they do not fit 100% on an estate. 

I would rather recommend a shark fin from US company Visual garage, they have their own product. 

But shark fins are easy to put on they just cover the original black base. 

Last time a looked into a decent one you had to strip the headlining back and disconnect the OEM aerial take out the thread and then put the shark fin on and wire it up. That’s doing it properly though, are there other easier options?

I’m interested in retrofitting a reverse camera too. I did one on the Mk5 Mondeo with a sync2 and it was real easy, please tell me the focus is an easy job too. Is the wiring already there? On my Mondeo the wires were already in place from the Sync 2 right back to the C pillar and terminated with a Fakra. I cut the Fakra off and joined the cam wires and ran it up the pillar, through the ducting to the bootlid and then down the side to the correct position. It was then a case of coding the module and running the service via Forscan. 

• 5 months later...

For  a longer time quiet here 🙂 so a small UPDATE of all things done and things that will be done soon.

Visual mods are put aside because where i live and park my car i do not want to attract more attention to a teenagers or jealous neighbors that would love to scratch it with a key or something. 

DONE MODS

1. Retrofitted heated steering wheel from STline and changed also the leather gaitor, really like the sporty look and red stitching now:

2612f715210bd3d9med.jpg

e0f65afd579c2d39med.jpg

2. Added ClimAir wind deflectors

5f79b80c830f7f62med.jpg

cd48d56a73874691med.jpg

3. Sold, the boombaracing BOV and changed for DV+ from GoFastBits for an upcoming tune:

c42c59c43fe4929fmed.jpg

4. Retrofitted complete automated park assist:

9d8ff00a27eacba4med.jpg

4bad2e49da083ad1med.jpg

5. Changed the front discs to grooved EBC Ultimax + Red Stuff pads

94633f6d82037663med.jpg 

6. Small visual mod, activated the ST animation logo in my IPC 😄

1d8a08cdf397b300med.jpg

IN PROGRESS:

1. Opened the chrome TitX headlights and paint them black as have STline/ST/RS. Still not on a car 

01f8d1521dcf92ebmed.jpg

2. Bought RallyFlapz 🙂 still not mounted on the car:

4e01172a76bfbb87med.jpg

3. Started a small project and designed my own "Velossatech" design ram air intake snorkel. Currently just a prototype fitted to my mate's car. Needs still some small tweaking:

69f85f8adcf610e9med.png

babe1c1b3c1814bfmed.png

fe8cfe3caf387344med.png

WILL BE DONE SOON:

1. 2.5" catback exhaust with electronic control valve.

Needs to be quiet when driving kids and wife and with enhanced sound when driving alone 😄 lol

2. Custom tune on a dyno.

• Like 2

loving the updates fella and the car is looking good

It's coming together and looking good. Really like that all round parking aid. I think that's better than fitting a reversing camera which I did. 

Thank you guys ! 🙂

Actually i have forgot i bought also the rear view cam so the installation will follow within 2 months 😄

I am really sad that i cannot do any visual mods but it would be really too much risk. So from the outside it is still like basic "STline" on the other hand after the custom tune it should be a nice sleeper as i expect 210-220 hp.Of course ST petrol estate would be better 😄 

You could fit a dash cam so you have some footage incase anything happens. 

Yeah i have actually 2 dash cams in front and back, lol. But the parking mode is not buffered. That means the cam starts recording with few seconds delay after movement and on the street is still some movement so the cams would be turned on instantly.

And to be be honest i don't want to mess then with insurance company or stupid neighbor. I have a plan to buy small house with garage, so i leave it for couple of yrs and then finish the work 🙂 i want to keep the Focus for many years also later for my son so plenty of time. 

• 3 years later...

Hi Tomas, could you say what ford part numbers were for the stline heated steering wheel, rs airbox + tubes, and the respective control panel for the heated steering ?

My car is exactly the same with the difference being its a 1.5 diesel and already as a rear view camera ....

thanks in advance

Ivo

PS: I will try to follow your tutorial about the full parking system