Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MAF Sensor

brunomedina

People,

I have a problem in my ford focus '01 zetec 1.8 16v petrol.

The Dashbord DTC , show the code P103, accordind TIS ford , this is MAF problem,and my mecanichal plug the scanner in the car, and here the maf have a low voltage.

I tried to clean the maf 2x but nothing changes.

Ok , I bought a new maf , and the things get worst , the ilde rotation is worst the original and "dameged " MAF.

A afraid the my PCM is dameged .

In brazil a don't find good manufactures of MAF , the E-KLASS MAF i bought doesent work.

Here in uk and europe, with manufactures of MAF we use. 

I very unhappy with this, because i did a good service in the car ( timming belt kit, acessories timming belt kit , oil , revision in the hydraulic steering , brake fluid , new fuel pump ) but the maf problem is very boring to me.

Anyone can help and had his problem and how do to fix it ?

Ford Brasil, don't produce anymore this part foi my car, because in brasil afte ten year the car discontued the manufactures doesn't have the obligation to built parts , and de paralelal parts in a lot of case don't have a good quality.

If you have replaced the MAF sensor but are still having problems regarding mass air flow then get the wiring loom to the maf checked out out. 

I have been having a problem with MAF for about 1 year now, with the wiring to the MAF. swapped over the wires again and now the engine light will stay off ( YAY !!) But it is lacking power as though in limp mode, so maybe it just needs continually resetting until the engine light stays off but I have swapped the wires back and the engine light is on again for now but should be sorted soon once and for all.

Good luck

good luck good luck

G

7 hours ago, Fastlife91 said:

G

I will check out wires of the maf  , I don't think in this part of the problem .

Now a i need q good wiring maf cabe to test .Or i buy the cable ate junkward ou a new cable.

I wiil thing it this week.It is the last thing to put my focus 100% 

But in my case the engine light doesn't stay on , onl the DTC P103 and diagnost from scanner .

What manufacture of MAF or you don't need buy a new maf.

I working with the possibilit to buy a new maf from uk , of good quality , in brazil , all maf for ford focus zetec are terrible and the ford dealer , they don't sell this part anymore.

Just on a long shot, Have you checked that all the pipes from air filter etc are sound and have no leaks in them ?

8 hours ago, Joss max said:

Just on a long shot, Have you checked that all the pipes from air filter etc are sound and have no leaks in them ?

I checked , don't have false air entrace 

17 hours ago, brunomedina said:

I working with the possibilit to buy a new maf from uk

This seller says he can send to Brazil for £10.50 postage:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-FOCUS-1-6-1-8-2-016V-1-8TDCi-ST170-Mass-Air-Flow-meter-Sensor-98AB12B579B1B-/301366195213

I have no experience of the seller, only what it says on the website.

But I would further investigate the wiring before buying. Usually, these units have a +12v supply, two ground (0v) pins, a flow output signal, and a temperature output signal. Back-probing the pins on the connector should reveal which is which, and if that does not confirm a fault, I would test it on a bench with a psu & meter.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Tdci-Peter said:

This seller says he can send to Brazil for £10.50 postage:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-FOCUS-1-6-1-8-2-016V-1-8TDCi-ST170-Mass-Air-Flow-meter-Sensor-98AB12B579B1B-/301366195213

I have no experience of the seller, only what it says on the website.

But I would further investigate the wiring before buying. Usually, these units have a +12v supply, two ground (0v) pins, a flow output signal, and a temperature output signal. Back-probing the pins on the connector should reveal which is which, and if that does not confirm a fault, I would test it on a bench with a psu & meter.

I will do this test with my mechanical , The seller i bought the MAF from E-KLASS will send me a new maf to test. My friend will borrow me a original MAF in supbert condition to test to.

I will report the situation soon,

Thanks a lot people.

• Like 1

People , 

I tested the new MAF and the problem persist.

Next week my mechanical will look all the systens to find the issue.

In the scanner reading the MAF reading is blocked , displays 1.75 , the normal maf have to display 3,75.

The journey continues.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club