Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Stonechips are Inevitable! PERIOD!

EmmaKitkat27

Hey Fordies! I'm sure you're all well acquainted with the term 'stone chips', I was just wondering if people have been 'treated' if you like, for them before?

• Who did you go to?
  • How did they do it?
  • Did their paint match afterwards?
  • How much of the car did they do? (just bonnet, just bumper, entire front end, whole car?)
  • What kind of costs you were looking at?

Mine are getting a bit ridiculous now, stupid Bradford Council putting that cheap sticky stuff then stones down that create skiddy areas and an absolute fest for stone chips. Wish they would at least send a roller over it all and come and sweep up the excess stones after! The worst thing they ever did was the A650 bypass that passes Bingley. there I am trying to be as careful as possible, and then you get someone with eggplant for brains speeding past and showering you in what seems like the biggest stones known to car.

• Like 1

Hey Fordies! I'm sure you're all well acquainted with the term 'stone chips', I was just wondering if people have been 'treated' if you like, for them before?

• Who did you go to?
  • How did they do it?
  • Did their paint match afterwards?
  • How much of the car did they do? (just bonnet, just bumper, entire front end, whole car?)
  • What kind of costs you were looking at?
Mine are getting a bit ridiculous now, stupid Bradford Council putting that cheap sticky stuff then stones down that create skiddy areas and an absolute fest for stone chips. Wish they would at least send a roller over it all and come and sweep up the excess stones after! The worst thing they ever did was the A650 bypass that passes Bingley. there I am trying to be as careful as possible, and then you get someone with eggplant for brains speeding past and showering you in what seems like the biggest stones known to car.

Am getting my passenger side door done and they quoted me 250 might just end up spraying the whole car

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Ken.K said:

Am getting my passenger side door done and they quoted me 250 might just end up spraying the whole car

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Thanks Ken, that does seem a bit steep just for a passenger door. Especially if the paints don't quite match. I was looking at Chips Away, they have pages for their local workers on facebook and they don't seem to do a bad job. They do all sorts from stone chips to bumps, dings and scuffs too.

Local detailer works a lot on high end cars like merc's and Ferrari's. To protect from stone chips they use a wrap type film applied to the most vulnerable arrears to protect the paint work.

Typically its the lower front spoiler area and the bonnet brow. 

• Like 1

Emma

Some more information on the stone chip wrap or paint protection wrap I mentioned in last post. http://www.cleandetail.co.uk/paint-protection-film-yorkshire-xpel-ultimate

Well worth a read, as is the whole web site. These guys are just down the road from me,

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Joss max said:

Emma

Some more information on the stone chip wrap or paint protection wrap I mentioned in last post. http://www.cleandetail.co.uk/paint-protection-film-yorkshire-xpel-ultimate

Well worth a read, as is the whole web site. These guys are just down the road from me,

Thanks Joss! I'll have a read :)

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club