Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Retrofitted Ford sat nav from 2014 to 2011

andystarks

Hi there,

I'm pretty new on here although I've been a member on and off for years. 

I have a 2011 (61) Fiesta Zetec 1.4 auto which I'm 'updating'. Btw, I'm 47 so this could be a mid life crisis in disguise! It is, obviously, pre-facelift  

I've fitted the part leather seats from a 2014/15 titanium and also installed the black fascia Ford Sat Nav DAB system. I figured out the seat wiring differences too.

Heres the problem. My old Ford stereo set up had factory bluetooth and worked great. I've now fitted the later system and I can't find bluetooth on it and my iPhone doesn't see the audio system either. 

I CAN find SYNC options on the MENU screen but I cannot get in to them. 

Am I missing a piece of hardware? Or just a few marbles and failing to see an obvious solution?

Also, while the sat nav worked straight away (and, my God, the screen is gorgeous compared with my old red LED screen!), I cannot get the display to show time and date. The dashes are there --:-- for time and --.--.---- for date and I've tried changing the DATE/TIME settings from manual to auto GPS but it doesn't make a difference. Oh, and my VOICE button no longer works.

Again, am I missing something physical or mental?

Lastly, on the back of the screen are 3 connectors. Red, black and blue. The blue one is gps and I've added an antenna. Anyone know what the other two are for?

Any help or advice would be great, thank you. 

Andy

image.jpegimage.jpeg

• Like 2

• 5 months later...

Hi Andy did you manage to solve this problem as I've recently done the same to my 2011 zetec s and gave the same problems 

You need to change the BT module to a newer one (D1BT-14D212-CC 408) or the newest one that starts with an E

The AM5T is the older one which dont allow SYNC apps.

• Like 2

Hi Andy, would love a copy of the heated seat wiring diagram you used, I am fitting to my 2016 that did not have heated seats. 

• Like 3

On Sun Mar 05 2017 at 1:27 AM, Treeny said:

You need to change the BT module to a newer one (D1BT-14D212-CC 408) or the newest one that starts with an E

The AM5T is the older one which dont allow SYNC apps.

I managed to pick up a module  start d1bt but now as soon as I plug it in the radio cuts out and nothings working 😌😤

Hi there,
I'm pretty new on here although I've been a member on and off for years. 
I have a 2011 (61) Fiesta Zetec 1.4 auto which I'm 'updating'. Btw, I'm 47 so this could be a mid life crisis in disguise! It is, obviously, pre-facelift  
I've fitted the part leather seats from a 2014/15 titanium and also installed the black fascia Ford Sat Nav DAB system. I figured out the seat wiring differences too.
Heres the problem. My old Ford stereo set up had factory Bluetooth and worked great. I've now fitted the later system and I can't find Bluetooth on it and my iPhone doesn't see the audio system either. 
I CAN find SYNC options on the MENU screen but I cannot get in to them. 
Am I missing a piece of hardware? Or just a few marbles and failing to see an obvious solution?
Also, while the sat nav worked straight away (and, my God, the screen is gorgeous compared with my old red LED screen!), I cannot get the display to show time and date. The dashes are there --:-- for time and --.--.---- for date and I've tried changing the DATE/TIME settings from manual to auto GPS but it doesn't make a difference. Oh, and my VOICE button no longer works.
Again, am I missing something physical or mental?
Lastly, on the back of the screen are 3 connectors. Red, black and blue. The blue one is gps and I've added an antenna. Anyone know what the other two are for?

Any help or advice would be great, thank you. 

Andy
image.jpegimage.jpeg

Hi mate did you install the sony dab? Does the dab radio / reception work ok?
Did you need to add dab antenna?
I currently have sony non dab unit my 2011 61 pate fiesta titanium & just bought the sony dab from later model . Just arrived today. Need to know what i need to get it up & running.
Yunii

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Andy, just wondering, how many rear plugs on the radio you removed and how many on the system you installed?

Have you checked "mickeybartletts " tutorial to the right of the home page.