Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Temperature Light

Tobiness

Hi all,

Sorry if this is a stupid question, I have had a look for similar issues, but haven't found anything identical to what my car is doing.

I have a Fiesta 2009 Titanium, and a couple of times I have had the temperature light come on while I have been in traffic. Now, this is not hours in a jam, but after about 10-15 minutes of stop/start moving. There was no burning smells or smoke etc and the engine appeared to be running fine, after about 30 seconds of normal running after the jam cleared, the light switched itself off.

I have checked my levels and they are all fine, I booked it into my garage as a precaution and they have said they can't find anything wrong. They double checked the levels and ran a pressure test and all looks good. Any suggestions please or could this just be something that 'happens' and is nothing to worry about?

Thanks in advance,

Lisa

Petrol or diesel?

Could be the impeller has come off the water pump shaft.

1 hour ago, DieselPig said:

Petrol or diesel?

Could be the impeller has come off the water pump shaft.

Hello - it's a petrol, the 1.4

Garage called - the cooling fan isn't working, so they are replacing it. Hopefully that will do the trick, but pleased it wasn't anything more sinister.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club