Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Best Black Spray Colour To Respray Plastic Parts On A Silver Ford Fiesta Zetec S??

BenjeeFordFan

Hey! Not sure if anyone has already asked this, I've had a look on a few pages but I couldn't see a thread regarding this..

I have a 2007 Ford Fiesta Zetec S in silver, very nice condition, black part leather/fabric interior, rear privacy windows etc etc I am looking to respray the grey ish plastic trim..

Front grille, front fog light housing, front bumper grille/lip, side door stripes, rear diffuser etc and maybe the side mirrors again so the black all matches..

I was just wondering, does anyone have the same colour car or see the same colour car and knows what the best black is to use?

I've spoken to someone who have the green anniversary Fiesta Zetec S and they have used Black Panther which has flakes in it that apparently look good when the sun hits it which could match with the silver as the silver car colour has a little tint or flake when you catch it right but I'm nervous on a silver car it'll look to shiny and glossy but I don't want the proper flat no shine matte black and was wondering if anyone has done either and has a picture so I can see how flag matte black would look or gloss or Panther Black on a silver car or light colour car?

Thank you in advance 😊

Benjee

There is a topic Photoshopped ford photos. Here's the link http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/forum/44-photoshopped-ford-photos/

You could post a good picture of your car in there and ask if someone could use photoshop to edit your photo to reflect the changes your proposing.

That way you can then see what the changes would look like.

• Like 1

ford panther black comes in both solid and metallic versions.

i would use the non metallic solid black if designing a 2 tone paint scheme with silver if it was me , will bring out the contast with silver better......

• Like 1

Remember any paint which is to be painted onto plastic painted parts or bare plastic needs a special plastic primer applied before the colour is applied.

• Like 1

On 11 September 2016 at 7:55 PM, Ian Lanc said:

Remember any paint which is to be painted onto plastic painted parts or bare plastic needs a special plastic primer applied before the colour is applied.

Yeah that's cool Ian, I'm looking to remove the plastic trim, sand it down, wipe it down, use plastic adhesive, plastic primer and then the colour but thank you anyway for the advice in case I wasn't aware of this 👌🏽

• Like 1

On 11 September 2016 at 7:21 PM, biff55 said:

ford panther black comes in both solid and metallic versions.

i would use the non metallic solid black if designing a 2 tone paint scheme with silver if it was me , will bring out the contast with silver better......

Oh I wasn't aware of this Biff, I thought it was just 1 colour as Halfords don't advise you of this!

Yeah I don't want it to be metallic and all shiny! That's why I don't want metallic or proper glossy etc but not too flat like matte! Do you think the Ford panther black even with the flakes in it would be ok? Flakes wouldn't stand out too much would they? Tried to find videos but nope nothing I could find to see the actual colour in and out of direct light!

On 11 September 2016 at 0:37 PM, Joss max said:

Benjee

There is a topic Photoshopped ford photos. Here's the link http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/forum/44-photoshopped-ford-photos/

You could post a good picture of your car in there and ask if someone could use photoshop to edit your photo to reflect the changes your proposing.

That way you can then see what the changes would look like.

Joss! That's brilliant! I didn't even know that would of been an option!

I'll have a mooch now and see if someone can help me as I want to do more than just respray the grey plastic time!

I've added a picture here just so you guys above can see what she looks like! 👌🏽

image.png

On 12/09/2016 at 10:22 PM, BenjeeFordFan said:

Yeah that's cool Ian, I'm looking to remove the plastic trim, sand it down, wipe it down, use plastic adhesive, plastic primer and then the colour but thank you anyway for the advice in case I wasn't aware of this 👌🏽

That's good to hear :wink: Been telling folk for years to always apply plastic primer, many are not aware of it and just spray standard aerosol paints onto plastic parts, some numpties then tell me it's fine as it stuck on well, but six months down the line the paint is cracking & flaking and after a year the painted parts look a right mess, then I shake my head at them and say 'You should have listened to dad'

Nice motor by the way :wub:

• Like 1

On 14 September 2016 at 10:34 AM, Ian Lanc said:

That's good to hear :wink: Been telling folk for years to always apply plastic primer, many are not aware of it and just spray standard aerosol paints onto plastic parts, some numpties then tell me it's fine as it stuck on well, but six months down the line the paint is cracking & flaking and after a year the painted parts look a right mess, then I shake my head at them and say 'You should have listened to dad'

Nice motor by the way :wub:

Haha! Yeah I'm a proper information geek, I have read a tonne of forums and tried to start conversations or read others conversations to find out a lot of specific information about my actual car and what I want to do with it. I've helped people spray things before, fix stuff on cars etc I've gotten close to respraying a BMX awhile ago but couldn't be bothered but yeah every video I saw on YouTube was stating you must use plastic adhesive otherwise it just won't last and I know it'll be a ball ache so I don't want to have to do it again in 6 months! Haha

Thank you, not bad for my first car (26 years old don't ask haha) I !Removed! love her! In really good condition too when I bought it and mechanical sound! Only issue is I have 3 makes of tyres so I will be replacing them all soon when I have £250 spare! Rims are curbed badly by previous owner but at £74 per rim to get them repurposed is a lottttt! 😫 And then umm I've just ordered a new Suspension Top Mount if that's right as I've seen a few names for them but the bracket/mount that holds he suspension on the car that you can also bolt on the struts to too, one needs replacing as it's got surface rust and needs a !Removed! tonne of grease all over it so it doesn't go rusty again for a good amount of time!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BenjeeFordFan said:

Rims are curbed badly by previous owner but at £74 per rim to get them repurposed is a lottttt! 😫 

Son got a quote to have his alloys repaired & repainted £69 each finished in basic silver..... rip off or what :angry:

So I decided to restored my Son's alloys on his Seat to save himself money! All four was badly curbed and the corrosion on the inside was shocking. Took me a week of hard grafting and now can't move!

Stuff used: Car body filler - 4 sheets of wet & dry paper - 2 large cans of Etch Primer - 2 large can of Primer filler - 4 large cans of gun metal spray paint - 2 large can of quality lacquer.

Wished I'd taken pictures of his alloys before I started! Cost to do the four wheels - £60 all in.

14322459_10206861771252365_3602580345121775795_n.jpg

14344742_10206861771372368_7342600464029619542_n.jpg

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Ian Lanc said:

Son got a quote to have his alloys repaired & repainted £69 each finished in basic silver..... rip off or what :angry:

So I decided to restored my Son's alloys on his Seat to save himself money! All four was badly curbed and the corrosion on the inside was shocking. Took me a week of hard grafting and now can't move!

Stuff used: Car body filler - 4 sheets of wet & dry paper - 2 large cans of Etch Primer - 2 large can of Primer filler - 4 large cans of gun metal spray paint - 2 large can of quality lacquer.

Wished I'd taken pictures of his alloys before I started! Cost to do the four wheels - £60 all in.

14322459_10206861771252365_3602580345121775795_n.jpg

14344742_10206861771372368_7342600464029619542_n.jpg

Yeah it's !Removed! expensive! I thought, ah it'll be like £40 a rim etc not too bad to pay someone else to do it for me but yeah over £70 per rim is insane!

Thanks for the details and the pictures, I'll strongly consider trying to do my own over a long weekend when it comes around to it because that's a massive saving and I'm sure there is a few YouTube videos to show you the basics of what you need to do. I'm pretty good at watching something and then getting it spot on! Those rims on the Seat look brand spanking new and actually pretty damn nice!!! 👌🏽😍

• Like 1

On 24/09/2016 at 0:51 AM, Gottakeepfocused said:

This would look ridiculous.

Explain? As you've not really directed this to anything in particular...

• 3 months later...
On 25/09/2016 at 9:05 PM, BenjeeFordFan said:

Explain? As you've not really directed this to anything in particular...

Just in genrial, the choce of color and everything. Should have it frost black

4 minutes ago, Gottakeepfocused said:

To be fair I didn't read the hole post because when you talked about spaying all the bits without changing the colour of the body I gived up reading

If you're taking all the bits off then why not think about wrapping them or even hydro dipping? Wrapping isn't hard (apparently) but it's beyond me lol, if you are good at 'see one, do one' then it would be a definite consideration.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Gottakeepfocused said:

and you replied 4 months later just to say something negative ?

well done you.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Haha@biff55 I didn't even notice the thread was old!

• Like 1

Everyone wants to do what they want to do in different ways and it's never a good idea to comment without actually reading exactly what was said 🤣 Hydrodip this, wrap this etc not everyone has hundred and thousands of pounds to throw st a car which is a safe of money as you'll be spending way more than the car will ever be worth and you'd clearly be surprised just how many people do a lot of stuff themselves because it's your average male and female car enthusiast that has an average job that makes up the most numbers in the car community not people with silly money to throw at any car they own!

We were talking about alternatives, options and things to consider!

It was actually nice to see a thread that had people talking about something and replying seeing as hundreds of threads are just ignored by people who could actually help where they tend to look out for online friends posts to talk on their threads opposed to helping people or sharing to help etc I see loads of threads just ignored! No one helping or giving advice!

So when you do find a thread with people talking and exchanging ideas, read what has been said and add something positive opposed to being rude and ignorant and throwing stupid comments in!

Is that aimed at me? If so I think you've got yourself confused. Stop with the aggression and shouty comments. Mine was a genuine suggestion, a friendly suggestion. You say you were talking about alternatives, options and things to consider', is hydrodip and wraps not an alternative? I don't know or care what your budget is, it was an alternative. If it's out of your price range then fine. Don't assume it's within my price range either.

I was being genuine and offering a suggestion. Don't be so precious, if I see another of your posts I'll be sure to keep scrolling. Perhaps people don't comment on threads because of rants like yours.

Please have a look at what a wrap actually entails and costs, if you do it yourself it is not that expensive. Hydrodip is of course expensive.

I am an 'average' car enthusiast and I have a 'regular' job. I work on my own car upgrades and mods.

If anyone else feels my comment was in any way appropriate please do speak up, equally if you feel I did nothing wrong please let the OP know.

• 1 month later...
On 22/01/2017 at 1:06 PM, BenjeeFordFan said:

Everyone wants to do what they want to do in different ways and it's never a good idea to comment without actually reading exactly what was said 🤣 Hydrodip this, wrap this etc not everyone has hundred and thousands of pounds to throw st a car which is a safe of money as you'll be spending way more than the car will ever be worth and you'd clearly be surprised just how many people do a lot of stuff themselves because it's your average male and female car enthusiast that has an average job that makes up the most numbers in the car community not people with silly money to throw at any car they own!

We were talking about alternatives, options and things to consider!

It was actually nice to see a thread that had people talking about something and replying seeing as hundreds of threads are just ignored by people who could actually help where they tend to look out for online friends posts to talk on their threads opposed to helping people or sharing to help etc I see loads of threads just ignored! No one helping or giving advice!

So when you do find a thread with people talking and exchanging ideas, read what has been said and add something positive opposed to being rude and ignorant and throwing stupid comments in!

Hey Ben, have you done that stupid idea to you car yet? Don't do it man, it wood look shocking. You want alternative ideas... Scrap the thing and get something with a bigger engine like a focus for eggsample.. Fool