Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mondeo Titanium X 2 litre automatic gearbox oil change

Poncheek

I had my 12,500 and 25,000 service carried out by my Ford agent.  I asked my local garage who I've been dealing with for 27 years to carry out the 37,500 service - he didn't change the gearbox oil and filter and this resulted in Ford withdrawing the warranty on the automatic gearbox.  I've had the work done, but I have a vibration at the rear which happens even when stationary.  Ford service maintain it's a gearbox fault caused by not changing the gearbox oil and filter at the prescribed mileage so won't investigate for me.  I'm in dispute with my local garage as he should have known what should be done, but what I'd like to know is - has anyone else had a similar problem?  Can a gearbox fault cause a vibration sound at the rear end? The gearbox works and gears change properly so I can't understand how Ford can insist it's faulty.

• 2 weeks later...

If the gearbox works OK and it is low mileage, sounds like a separate issue, gearbox is at the front, what is vibrating when stationary?

I have the titanium 163 powershift 2011 and changed the oil and filter twice without any issues. Getrag Dct450's get a lot of stick and people on some forums tend to go way too indepth on how it should be done. Drop oil from two drains and replace the filter. Simple . Difference is amazing. As for vibration at the rear . I discovered20160921_131616.jpg recently that the exhaust brackets at the back box exhaust had corroded and horrid vibration. Cleaned up. Welded. Galvo spray. Spot on.

• Like 1

You essentially have two categories of problem: a commercial/legal one, and an actual technical one.

As far as the technical one is concerned, I am inclined to think something le Stewby's issue is the one. Maybe to cross over you need to send Ford a letter (the dealer/the Ford company??) saying that their refusal to even look is forcing you to go elsewhere, but is not limiting your intention to hold them liable for any costs incurred. Or, something.

There are questions about whether your garage has just been inept (inept off ther own bat, without any 'help' from Ford) or the qualty of the training or support has been inadequate, but your legal recourse - if any - would be with the people who you paid to do the job, ie, your dealer; if they then have an issue with Ford that's up to them to sort out.

You'd have thought your history with that dealer might have made them more inclined to see your point of view but not everything that you think ought to be correct is. 

While Ford specify that it is important to change the Powershift gearbox oil at specific intervals it isnt actually part of the service schedule for some strange reason.

I have to specifically ask my local Ford dealer to undertake the gearbox oil change when i take my car in for service.  They neither remind me that it needs doing or ask me if i want it doing which is pretty poor when failure to get it done can nulify your warranty.

• Like 1

• 5 years later...

Hi 

Can any one tell me when i should change the automatic powershift gear box oil in a 2011 Mondeo 2000TDCI