Do Not Sell My Personal Information

plastic bumper polish?

gremlynn

Hi my ka is a dark red/burgundy colour,when i got it a couple of months ago the bumpers looked dark and shiny,now they look dull and grey,what can i use to darken and polish them? and where can i get it from?,and is it expensive?,cheers.

Hi my ka is a dark red/burgundy colour,when i got it a couple of months ago the bumpers looked dark and shiny,now they look dull and grey,what can i use to darken and polish them? and where can i get it from?,and is it expensive?,cheers.

I asked the same question mate and I was told to use Autoglym Bumper Care

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...e=STRK:MEWAX:IT

hth

angie :)

i use it all the time

the best waxes & cleaners to use are meguires products

they are a little on the expensive side but lasts 3 times longer than any products i have used in the past

i am a paint sprayer by trade so i have tried several makes of polishes over the yrs

auglmy bumper & trim is the best but meguires for all other applications

i use it all the time

they are a little on the expensive side but lasts 3 times longer than any products i have used in the past

i am a paint sprayer by trade so i have tried several makes of polishes over the yrs

Thanks,ive got a Halfords 2 mins away and they stock all products thats been mentioned(had a nosy on their website),thanks for that.

i use it all the time

Shouldn't liquid waxes (Meguiars) be a last resort as waxing goes? A hard/soft carnauba wax is best from my experience and is far tougher/resilient.

AutoGlym make some decent stuff, particularly the HD wax and the bumper trim is pretty decent as mentioned. However, as left-field as this sounds, has anyone else ever heard of peanut butter (for the oily content) being good for restoring plastic/grey ABS trim? Naturally, I am cynical (me? never!), but I've seen a few people mention it now ...

i use it all the time

Megs do make some decent products - but their waxes and cleaners are not even their best products let alone THE best products in my opinion.

For waxes - Swissvax, Dodo Juice, Collinite and even Autoglym run rings around Megs.

For cleansers - Dodo Lime Prime is awesome for both correction and as a base for wax.

One of the best restorers for plastic is nut oil - so the best way to achieve good results is to use (as mentioned) ground nut oil or peanut butter.

Megs do make some decent products - but their waxes and cleaners are not even their best products let alone THE best products in my opinion.

For waxes - Swissvax, Dodo Juice, Collinite and even Autoglym run rings around Megs.

For cleansers - Dodo Lime Prime is awesome for both correction and as a base for wax.

One of the best restorers for plastic is nut oil - so the best way to achieve good results is to use (as mentioned) ground nut oil or peanut butter.

I may have to have a go with some ground nut oil/PB sometime - when none of my neighbours are about of course!

we all have our own ideas on waxes & polishes etc

i am speaking from the ease of use/ ease to get hold of.

autoglym is good as i never said it was not.

if you use autoglym polish then add some of their Shell coat with it as it makes

the shine last longer & you can mix it together as use at the same time

dont forget to use wax 1st then use polish

wax for protection

polish for the shine

best of luck to you guys on any products u use.

i used to maintain the concorde outer body & we used autoglym as

maguires was not around then.

if you use autoglym polish then add some of their shell coat with it as it makes

wax for protection

polish for the shine

While AG Super Resin Polish is good (possibly the best hand polish - a machine works better with abrasives), it's not a correction finish - it's (polymide?) fillers; as mentioned above, something that has minor abrasives will help to correct minor defects far better. SRP is a short term solution - a good one at that; but you really do need to use the Extra Gloss Protection sealant, or the resin polish is ruined in a matter of days.

Not sure why you would suggest wax before polishing ... it is impossible to polish a surface with wax on it - you have to strip any products off with a cleanser and clay bar first to be back to the base layer of clear coat on the paintwork. Putting polish on top of wax is counter productive!

you may laugh but one of the best and cheapest products to use is peanut butter, smooth variety! no joke it really works a treat and u'll save a fortune in expensive restore products.

if you use autoglym polish then add some of their shell coat with it as it makes

wax for protection

polish for the shine

I assume by this you mean Extra Gloss Protection. Mixing this with SRP will make both products effectively nullify each other. As Silver Fox has said, SRP is a polish with a small amount of cut and slightly larger amounts of fillers. The SRP will not help the EGP adhere to the car one little bit and the tough nature of the of the EGP will prevent the SRP from doing its filling. I see no reason to mix them together at all. Using SRP first, followed by EGP - isn't a bad protection method.

Also - waxing then polishing is completely the wrong way round. Abrasive polishes will strip the wax that has just been applied. Polish for correction of paint - then wax for protection and shine. Personally I also cleanse between the two steps.

And finally - Megs have been around since long before Concorde.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club