Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Compilation of iffy driving

The Dark Knight

Got home today from a family holiday in Scotland this last week. We stayed in St Andrews and due to needing the extra luggage capacity, I drove my dads Audi A4 Avant. I took the liberty of fitting my dashcam into his car just in case and we captured the usual iffy moments...

Had a few of these dingbats driving back to Livingston from Tywyn in Wales today myself! 

• Like 1

I think its a lack of forward thinking by the RRS in the first clip. He just thought he would go for it on the straight stretch but underestimated how long it would take to get past. He also overtook into a right turn box and of course there could have been cars pulling out of the side turning. He was certainly closer to me than the camera makes it look.

With the Skoda, I was doing almost 60 so he had to exceed that to get past and going up a hill with a dip before a left hand bend. Any sports bike coming around that bend would have been on him before he could do much about it. A bit further up the road was a nice straight stetch! Patience needed!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, The Dark Knight said:

I think its a lack of forward thinking by the RRS in the first clip. He just thought he would go for it on the straight stretch but underestimated how long it would take to get past. He also overtook into a right turn box and of course there could have been cars pulling out of the side turning. He was certainly closer to me than the camera makes it look.

With the Skoda, I was doing almost 60 so he had to exceed that to get past and going up a hill with a dip before a left hand bend. Any sports bike coming around that bend would have been on him before he could do much about it. A bit further up the road was a nice straight stetch! Patience needed!

I think you've hit the nail on the head with one word......patience, of which a lot of drivers nowadays don't have! 

• Like 1