Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Replacement Dab stereo for 2013 Graphite

waddlefan

Hi there,

Looking for a little advice, if possible. I have a Mondeo Graphite 2013 with the standard Ford 6000CD FM/AM radio and would like to add DAB radio and bluetooth music streaming. Does the newer Sony 6 CD Dab radio include bluetooth streaming and would it work in my Mondeo? Or will I need to go for an aftermarket model?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Nick

AFAIK if your car doesn't have dab the upgrading to dab with a Ford unit requires extra bits and is not a simple job.

• Like 1

You'd need a 2009 or later Sony to have any chance of DAB. Handily the DAB ones say 'DAB' on the fascia, so at least it is easy to tell when you see one. There is also an 'adaptor box' that is quite cheap but the reports I hear are that it is poor and you'll regret it if you really want the DAB (it uses a patch antenna on the front screen and what with the quick clear screen it is unsurprising that this isn't the perfect solution - having said that if you only ever want DAB in high signal strength areas it might not be that bad).

As far as I  remember there are two different antenna solutions for the Sony DAB. The late one uses two different antennae (patches on the rear three quarter windows) and a diversity unit that switches to the one that has the best signal. The earlier solution (2009 to facelift) uses a separate set of connections to the roof antenna (I think). I'm not sure whether the Sony units for the two different antenna solutions are compatible so you'll have to be wary. 

For bluetooth there is an an external bluetooth box, but I think some of the early ones aren't as capable as the later ones. I don't think you can do streaming on the early ones although that might just be a software update (or not, of course).

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club