Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mountune help?

pringle1987

Hey all, had the final piece of Mountune hose delivered today as was out of stock!

So when fitting the secondary induction hose it felt like it didn't quite fit properly, just the angle seems a little off on the elbow almost as if the longest end is a tad too long! Anyway got it on but my main concern is the breather hose!

Even though the OE breather hose is fully clicked in it doesn't seem to sit properly and when you push it flush it returns to the pictured position... Is this normal/ok?

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Hi in the bottom picture It certainly looks as if it should sit flush, rather than what the picture shows.

Looking at the first picture, I would be tempted to slack off both the  securing clamps either end of hose and rotate the hose at both ends to see if it brings the elbow up a bit so it  lines up better and it sits fully on to the connector. You might want an extra pair of hands to help.

Heres mine. There very similar. I put a bit of washing up liquid on the hoses when I fitted them.

The engine cover is also a tight fit and sometimes needs a little foam removed where the pipe touches.

Screenshot_2016-09-12-17-29-33.png20150328_120107_zpshogw3wdi.jpg20140513_172417_zpsywsbb61q.jpg20150328_115950_zpscrzcj5vn.jpg

• Like 1

I suffered the same sort of problem when fitting mine was also abit concerned towards the end I undone the hose clips and shuffled the hose until it clipped in flush, seems ok now but do find myself checking it -image.jpeg

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hi mate, I was looking under the bonnet of mine before and mine is all standard and mine sits like that. I haven't changed any hoses or anything and it sits like yours does. Wouldn't worry to much.