Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Coding spare keys within FORSCAN?

Focusoap

Hello again my 2005 mk2 only has one remote key with buttons and one non remote key. Both keys open and start the car but the non remote key needs swiftly inserting in the ignition after un locking the driver's door to stop the alarm going off.

I have bought an OBDlink MX bluetooth dongle which works fine with FORSCAN and have been reading up on their forum about programming keys etc. I gather that I can use a full registered version of FORSCAN to code keys but read that I have to delete the existing (working) keys from the PATS system before programming additional keys.

The prospect of deleting the existing keys from PATS fills me with trepidation and the possibility it will never rattle again after playing with the key coding. Has anybody ever had a go with FORSCAN in the key coding department and successfully created additional working keys? Any experiences good or bad welcome before I take a stiff drink and have a go.

Am I tempting fate giving it a go or should I save up and go and see Henry's experts and get it done and still have a driveable car?

Any experts in Cheshire area willing to undertake the procedure will be handsomely rewarded with copious beer tokens etc.

Just swap the transponder chip from the non-remote key into a new remote fob and get the blade cut to match.

Sent from my SM-G930F

I removed all my keys and reprogrammed them all admittedly with a clone IDS system but had no issues.

• Like 1

On 13/09/2016 at 10:16 PM, Focusoap said:

read that I have to delete the existing (working) keys from the PATS system before programming additional keys.

I ought to re-check, but I think if you have two working PATS keys (will start the car), then you can add more, using Forscan without the need for the delete stage. Still needs the extended license, but is much less risky.

There is a write up in the Forscan forum and i think you do need 2 working keys to code another.