Do Not Sell My Personal Information

water ingress

ramps

Hi all

We have a new shape fiesta 1.4 zetec on a 58 plate was cleaning it out yesterdy and noticed that the rear carpet on the drivers side was soaked took the car back to the dealers only to be told sorry mate you are 4 days over the warranty period anyone else had the same probs with their fiestas

Hi all

We have a new shape fiesta 1.4 zetec on a 58 plate was cleaning it out yesterdy and noticed that the rear carpet on the drivers side was soaked took the car back to the dealers only to be told sorry mate you are 4 days over the warranty period anyone else had the same probs with their fiestas

The warranty is 3 years/60,000 for a uk spec car.

dave

from what the dealers said that there is a tsb about the problem but the body warranty only lasts a year

I have a leak from somewhere in the rear left wheel arch meaning that the boot carpet is soaking and I have to clean it out every couple of weeks. It has been into Ford 3 times and they "cant find the leak but have dried it out." They dont seem to understand that drying it out will not actually solve the problem :angry: Anyway, its going in for its service on wednesday when I will demand that they sort it out.

I have also been told that water ingress is only covered for a year (what a cr*p warranty that is! :angry: ). I stripped down the boot panels yesterday to investigate it myself - it appears that it may be a loose rubber gromit which is causing water to come in but i am still investigating! I would advise anyone else to check for water ingress in the boot as this may be a common problem.

Hopefully you get your leak sorted out but dont hold your breath when it comes to Ford providing good customer service. I could go on all day about the bad customer service which I have received. You should demand that they sort it, tell them that the leak was there before the warranty expired.

Hate to sound like a troll but I really can't believe I'm reading this. This is the same sort of crap that happened with the Fiesta MkIII/old Ka, and now its happening with the Fiesta Mk7? WTF. So in addition to the typical Ford rattles/squeaks in the Mk7, you also have leaks on a car only a year old? I can also chip in and say Ford's warranty is crap - they don't cover any noises, such as trim rattling/vibrating - really appalling since the dealer should fix anything that wasn't done properly at the factory.

Seems like I cursed myself...checking out my car today (ford ka 2008), and the driver's side mat and carpet are very wet! :angry:

ive got ma mk 6 1.4 3dr fiesta and just recentley ive found the carpet in the back passenger footwell to be really wet but i cant see a leak, thinkin bout takin the sills off 2 see if there is anu holes.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a Mk7 Fiesta, 59 plate less than 3 months old which has just gone into the garage it was leaking into the drivers footwell as well as the passanger side of the boot, with the recent weather there was over an inch of water in the spare wheel compartment. before I took it in found that the water was coming down from above the rear seatbelt mechanism in the boot and throught the trim next to the dash at the front. The garage did tests and found that the water was coming in from under the weather stip in rain gullys on the roof, through small holes in the sealant. hope this helps

theres another topic/post on this running at the mo...

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/index...ic=8953&hl=

saying only mechanical is 3yr warranty, not electric/water.

But does have some help to get ford to do it anyway!!!

Ridiculous, a 12month old car, or even a 5yr old car leaking water that bad!!!

• 2 years later...

My old Mk3 mondeo leaked like a seive. My spare tyre well was literally a well whenever it rained! Leaks are most likely due to the seals on the doors or around the light clusters. Get some good quality automotive silicon and try and find every place where you have water coming in. A good way to check is to dry the area out then get someone to use a pressure washer in te general area and see if you can see the ingress path.

• 3 months later...

hi all i have a 58 plate (new shape) fiesta and noticed the rear carpet soaking behind the drivers seat , i took out the front driver seat and lifted up the whole carpet and found the front passengers side wet also, i have found the source of the ingress , i lifted the plastic trim at the bottom of the front windscreen where the wipers are and put a water hose into the right hand corner and watched the water seeping into the front passengers footwell. ... hope this helps.