Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Gearbox differences? 1.0 Ecoboost?

Paramanic

Whats the difference between the 100ps and 125ps gearbox? are the ratios the same or are they different? 

thanks 

Same afaik.

Just chuck two cars from autotrader in to Etis, and that should tell you.

Even the 140 PS has the same box, just a different diff.

According to etis in transmisson section it doesnt specify 100 or 125. Just 1.0 eccoboost , ratios 3.58, 2.05, 1.28, 0.95, 0.76, reverse 3.58, diff 4.06.

How reliable that info is ?? Thats all I can see for ecoboost.

i went on etis and double checked with a 100ps car a 125ps and a 140ps car 

100ps= 3.58/1.92/1.20/.87/.68/3.61
125ps= 3.58/1.92/1.20/.87/.68/3.61
140ps= 3.58/1.93/1.28/0.95/0.76

this means 100 and 125 is the same and 140 is different? 
also wondering why this is shown different to your ratios? @iantt

That's interesting, when I checked before, the gearbox ratios were the same between the 125 and 140, just the axle ratio was different, lol.

• Like 1

also mate sent me this a long time ago
 14359215_10210641077406822_3919559784771335185_n.jpg

slightly different to IanTT again :S 

reason i ask is my synchro has went and too much to repair as this happend driving home from ford fair so...... only like 1month out of warranty 
so looking to get a used box....... wondering if 100 is same as 125 

Wouldn't matter about warranty due to yours being tuned anyway.

This is the only problem with the Fiesta and that's that the box just isn't made for big power outputs, have read synchro's going before on mapped cars :(

Hopefully they'll use the B6 box on the Mk8, like the Focus 125PS uses.

i only have bluefin on the car bud so not a massive output and ive heard of the synchros going on normal map aswell but it went while driving on motorway? i didnt have map on as a take it off long journeys so strange 2bh only put map on when days off but this is not so much as im always working but mate at ford said hes changed 2 this week alone on normal maps 

also know people with 165bhp running fine for over 2year now! so strange apparently a fall into the unlucky 

but back to subject 
so is 100 and 125ps the same? 

Fair enough, stock map pushes the box to (and slightly over) it's design limits, so any faults are likely to show up more paired with the 1.0, and more again with it mapped.

Still I thought I knew, that last time I look in to it, now I'm not sure.

Easiest way might be to see if there are different part numbers for the boxes on Ford's parts catalog.

Der, my fault, my ratios correct except for r3verse, should have put 3.62, so same as the photo you put up.

Have you tried it on with the garage to get ford to pay even though out of warranty?

Sorry to hear about your gearbox problems James. It's certainly worth a try to get a goodwill payment out of Ford as the car is just out of warranty.

I have the same model as yourself also running the Bluefin remap for a few months now. As a matter of interest what kind of mileage had your vehicle covered when the gearbox problems arose?  

My car had bluefin coming up nearly 2 years and done 20k with it on. Car done 47k . No box issues on my focus . Luck of the draw if you have a box problem

• 2 years later...

**BEWARE OF REMAPS ON THESES CARS**

I have a 2015 140 black edition and now on my second gearbox rebuild in less than 25k miles.

These rebuilds were all post installing a bluefin map. 

I have now removed the map and covered 2000 miles and it has been ok.

The IB5 boxes are not strong enough to be further tweaked beyond 140bhp.

I have had 3 different maps (provided by Superchips) installed on the car but they all still killed my transmission.

I am 45 years old and do not miss use the car or transmission but wanted a little extra power in second.

Puma speed sell the IB6 transmission conversion as they believe the IB5 boxes are not able to handle the additional torque produced by remaps.

The last rebuild was outside of warranty and I had to cover 25% of the repair £1300 repair bill. 

Thought I would share this with you before you take the plunge and buy a remap that takes the car beyond the standard 140bhp.

Its so hit and miss with the ib5 box as I have read about breakages caused by re maps and yet mine done over 44,000 miles with a Superchips map and since around 3000 with a Puma Speed 205 stage 3 map. I am currently working on getting a 6 speed AV6R from a 1.0 Focus re built then into my car as I have pushed my luck for far too long.

I posted previously on this topic. I'm now on 72k and bluefin been on since just under 27k . I don't thrash it all day long . But does get abuse occasionally flat out in each gear. 

On 3/15/2019 at 11:44 AM, dave1972 said:

**BEWARE OF REMAPS ON THESES CARS**

I have a 2015 140 black edition and now on my second gearbox rebuild in less than 25k miles.

These rebuilds were all post installing a bluefin map. 

I have now removed the map and covered 2000 miles and it has been ok.

The IB5 boxes are not strong enough to be further tweaked beyond 140bhp.

I have had 3 different maps (provided by Superchips) installed on the car but they all still killed my transmission.

I am 45 years old and do not miss use the car or transmission but wanted a little extra power in second.

Puma speed sell the IB6 transmission conversion as they believe the IB5 boxes are not able to handle the additional torque produced by remaps.

The last rebuild was outside of warranty and I had to cover 25% of the repair £1300 repair bill. 

Thought I would share this with you before you take the plunge and buy a remap that takes the car beyond the standard 140bhp.

Even the standard 140 is too much. My synchros have gone three times in two years and it's had no modifications

So is it possible to get the synchros uprated or strengthened?

17 hours ago, sioneon said:

So is it possible to get the synchros uprated or strengthened?

As @SuperAl mentions, gearbox rebuilds don't come cheap. From this and other threads on similar topics, it looks like one of the 6 speed boxes is the way to go. Pumaspeed do the IB6 conversion as mentioned by @dave1972, or a Focus box as @Eatonm112 is intending to use. I understand the 6 speed used in the Mk 8 is also stronger than the IB5 and there may be Mk 8s available in breakers by now.

9 hours ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

As @SuperAl mentions, gearbox rebuilds don't come cheap. From this and other threads on similar topics, it looks like one of the 6 speed boxes is the way to go. Pumaspeed do the IB6 conversion as mentioned by @dave1972, or a Focus box as @Eatonm112 is intending to use. I understand the 6 speed used in the Mk 8 is also stronger than the IB5 and there may be Mk 8s available in breakers by now.

For what its worth the Focus 1.0 speed box is the better box to go for as its rated for 285Nm the ST has the same box apart from a different final drive and the bell housing is obviously different as the 1.6 has the starter motor on the front rather than the back as per the 1.0. There are plenty of STs putting 400Nm through the IB6 also. The new Fiesta 6 speed is a budget box rated at 215Nm I dont know anything more than that as its so new.

Once I get the 6 speed fitted into my fiesta I will start a thread and list the parts needed for the upgrade.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Eatonm112 said:

The new Fiesta 6 speed is a budget box rated at 215Nm I dont know anything more than that as its so new.

I think the 5 speed was only rated at around 170Nm so the new 6 speed should at least cope better with 140ps than the old box (hope so, as I've got one!) and for cars out of warranty a used one may be a better bet than having a 5 speed repaired.

Certainly for the sort of power you're talking about the Focus/ST box is the thing. Looking forward to reading more on your project.

Hi friends,

I remaped my car, 150hp and  250Nm... 1000km, no problem.. I'm very afraid now about the gearbox. I'm driving my car slowly 85% of the time.

I hope I will have no problem with my gearbox... 

Why you said that about the gearbox 😞

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club