Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Ebay - Best Offer limit?

GMX

Anyone happen to know if the limit on Best Offer expires after a certain time?

I made three successive "best offers" to a seller for a wholesale quantity of small food bags i use as poo bags, all of which have been declined:sad:

but when i went to make a 4th offer, it said I'd reached my limit with this seller.  I wasn't aware there a limit on the number of successive Best offers you can make: but apparently there is, 3 except for vehicles, when it's 10.

I can't see, in eBay help section anywhere, if this limit is final and forever, and you can never make another offer to that seller for that item; or whether it expires, and you can have another 3 goes:unsure:

The seller's margins must be tighter than they were in 2010. When I last bought an industrial quantity of bags off them, they always used to accept Best Offers in the region 60-75% of their buy it now price, not this time, however:sad:

I think it's 'forever' however if they have a sort of quantity for sale and you choose your quantity then maybe it's got a time limit...

And yeh, 3 goes and your out, it's a bit of a pain, but then again, I do like to throw people silly offers when their buy it now price is ridiculous... :D

• Like 1

That's unfortunate.:sad:

I think it's the first time I've had three offers turned down.  Usually I get the first one accepted, and more rarely have to revise it upwards with a second offer.

Whenever a seller offers best offer, I always make one, it doesn't make any sense not too: even if I'm happy with the buy it now price

• Like 1

6 hours ago, GMX said:

I made three successive "best offers" to a seller for a wholesale quantity of small food bags i use as poo bags, all of which have been declined:sad:

Don't your local council supply bags? We can get bags FOC from local vets, pet shops and council offices. 

On 15/09/2016 at 8:31 PM, Turvey said:

Don't your local council supply bags? We can get bags FOC from local vets, pet shops and council offices. 

Unfortunately not, the local council prides itself on having one of the lowest council tax rises in the country.  However, this means it doesn't really provide anything other councils do, or if it does, it does so badly.

They've just cut our weekly wheelie bin collections to fortnightly: only last year they almost halved the size of the wheelie bins (240L down to 160L and 120L for flats.  Whilst I'm not a big waster (1 swing bin bag a week of general plus 20 poo bags), so it's not an issue to me. However, all the local families with more waste are going to have fit twice as much, in a bin a smaller bin. Fortunately they haven't interfered with the recycling bin size (yet), it remains at 240L

On 15/09/2016 at 8:31 PM, Turvey said:

Our local council will supply doggy bags but they limit to how many they will give you for free! after so many visits there is a charge for such bags.

You ever thought of buying cheapo nappy bags ? We get ours from the £1 shop, 200 bags all scented - boxed - tie handles ....Quid a box so can't go wrong!

Have a box in the car! Box in the kitchen! Easy dispenser as one bag at a time comes out the box :dry:

eBay.....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_sacat=0&_nkw=disposable+nappy+bags&_frs=1

I got these in the end, which is actually the same seller who refused my 3 best offers, but from one of his other seller ids, the unit price per roll, was significantly less than offered on his other id:laugh:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/120968550748?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

• Like 1

I used to work at a plastics factory which made such food & bin bags! A perk of that job was that all bags was free!

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club