Do Not Sell My Personal Information

griffin ipod auto pilot

bigjock

was thinking of getting one of these today so i can control and charge my ipod touch. sadly id dont have the usb connection so was thinking this may be the next best thing to it? anyone used one of these?

well bought one today and am pleased to say it works very well and looks good. very easy plug play, excellent sound quality. all i need now is a place to stick my ipod touch at the moment its here (see pic). anyone have theirs in a better position baring in mind i don't want cables everywhere.

carpics027.jpg

well done mate, but all i can see is a dark pic of an illuminated !Removed! lighter socket :P

i promise theres an ipod there somewhere! here you are,

carpics025.jpg

any ideas how i can attach ipod in a more secure position here?

i promise theres an ipod there somewhere! here you are,

any ideas how i can attach ipod in a more secure position here?

wow that's pretty neat - i presume the 12v adapter thingy is the Griffin? or is that just the charger? (looks like it has a play button on top?)

Can only suggest the crude but usually effective blutak for this fitment to secure it where it is currently, or maybe one of those Belkin iPod holders that go into the cup holder?

yeah the thing in the socket is the griffin it charges and plays/forward/rewinds/pauses. oh and glows red which is nice as it fits the rest of the car. works very well. its in a very handy position for using whilst driving, certainly safer than using the ipod itself. might try the velcro adhesive strips to secure. not really anywhere else it can go without seeing wires unless i drill and tunnel them under plastic.

found a suitable cradle today and fitted it plus managed to mod the aux in plate a little so i could hide all wiring. next on the list is wiring and cradle for the tomtom!

griffin003.jpg

griffin004.jpg

griffin011.jpg

griffin005.jpg

griffin006.jpg

not bad for 5quid and 5minutes!

Doesn't this make you hit it when changing into 5th?

-Peter

nope not even close, think the pic makes it look closer than it is, im 6ft4 and its fine for my knees too!

• 2 weeks later...

it was £5 i found it in a discount bin in halfrauds! should have been £25 lol

• 1 month later...

I have bought the Griffin pilot for £19 !! great idea, thanks.

I bought one of these the other day and it's fantastic! One slight issue is that it keeps my iPod screen on which is a little distracting. Any way to keep the screen switched off? It keeps coming back on when I use the autopilot controls.

I too bought one of these last week. I been looking for a mount for a while now, how have you fitted yours, Bigjock?

I too bought one of these last week. I been looking for a mount for a while now, how have you fitted yours, Bigjock?

it's just stuck on using powefull 3m doubleside adhesive pads. unstuck a few times when it was -14c but as soon as the car warms up it manages to restick solid!