Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford focus mk2, Which Air Filter?

Paddy94

Hey guys. 

Probably a stupid question, but does anyone know which kind of Air Filter my focus would take? I've put my Reg into Eurocarparts and it gives me two different type. A flat one and a round one.

I'd have gone out and looked myself, but I'm so busy at work the next while, I'll barely have a chance to start pulling apart airboxes and stuff :tongue:

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Or post a picture of your air filter box. The difference between both air filter boxes can be seen quite easily.

A 2006 Focus MK2 should have the flat panel filter. The round cone shaped filter is used from the Focus MK2 versions after the small interior facelift with red illumination.

• 2 months later...

Hiya guys, in need of a bit of help on the same subject. 

Just got a 2007 (57 reg) Focus, and was gonna replace air filter. Checked Eurocarparts (entered reg to try to make sure I didn't get wrong part), and went down and bought a Mann Air Filter (cone type). 

Tried to fit it but it seems a little bit too long to get into the filter box, literally millimetres off, but doesn't look like there's any way I can get it to fit. 

Checked that carpartsforless link above, and again it suggests exact same filter. 

Does it sound like something I'm doing wrong (wouldn't be surprised, although there certainly doesn't seem any more room for filter to push in further)?

Or is it likely the filter box has been changed at any point for a different type?

Any suggestions greatly appreciated. 

If you put it alongside your old filter that was fitted are they the same length? If they are then you know its the way you are trying to fit it. If its longer it may be a duff one.

Well i had the same problem when i tried to make the change by myself. You have to squezze the filter downwards and clockwise or anticlockwise, it doesn't matter, before you put it, so it will come to the right dimensions.

Στάλθηκε από το XT1032 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

3 hours ago, JohnnyCas said:

Hiya guys, in need of a bit of help on the same subject. 

Just got a 2007 (57 reg) Focus, and was gonna replace air filter. Checked Eurocarparts (entered reg to try to make sure I didn't get wrong part), and went down and bought a Mann Air Filter (cone type). 

Tried to fit it but it seems a little bit too long to get into the filter box, literally millimetres off, but doesn't look like there's any way I can get it to fit. 

Checked that carpartsforless link above, and again it suggests exact same filter. 

Does it sound like something I'm doing wrong (wouldn't be surprised, although there certainly doesn't seem any more room for filter to push in further)?

Or is it likely the filter box has been changed at any point for a different type?

Any suggestions greatly appreciated. 

it will fit just remember to make sure you slot the black round plastic bit into the grooves on the filter houseing before you put the top back-on.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club