Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Diesel fuel additives... useful? Safe?

Mutti82

Has anyone used those fuel additives? For example diesel fuel system cleaners. Has there been any improvement in engine? And are those additives safe for newer cars with DPF? So much talk of it... for and against. Here in Finland most common brands are STP, Liquimoly and Redline. Last of those three seems to be raising head in forums but again... compatibility with DPF cars isn't just clear.

Hello Mika

I think most on here would suggest that you use premium diesel fuel. Even though it cost more than standard diesel. This is because premium diesel contains the additives in the fuel. As such, you would not need to buy any other fuel additives.

Ok. I've been driving only with Neste oil Pro Diesel, which is here in Finland the only diesel that has passed WWFC-standards. And it costs only 2-3c more per litre than other brands. So should be enough.

I've been using Deisel Rhino in my Audi A4 for nearly a year now. I love it. It makes the engine quieter. I've had the car remapped so can't comment on extra power or MPG. Loads of folks on VW and Audi forums seem to like it. 

2 hours ago, Ralphthemouth said:

I've been using Deisel Rhino in my Audi A4 for nearly a year now. I love it. It makes the engine quieter. I've had the car remapped so can't comment on extra power or MPG. Loads of folks on VW and Audi forums seem to like it. 

What year model and Euro class engine? With DPF?