Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rotten Egg Smel

JonnWhite

hello,

Dont know if anyone can help got a 64 plate fiesta and the vents are smelling of rotten eggs.

It happens if the air con is on or off and i've tested by leaving air con off for a week and on for a week and still there both trials.

The only thing that concerns me is that my dad noticed a very loud rumble from the exhaust, it's the ecoboost model and i thought it was just the working of the car. 

However it could not be?

Car's booked in for wednesday.

Thanks!

• Like 1

The bad egg smell is probably Hydrogen Sulphide (H2S). That's a product of the Catalytic convertor. It's normal for them to produce certain amounts of H2S but they can produce more if your engine is running lean. Also try using a low Sulphur fuel if you aren't already, see if that reduces the smell.,

You shouldn't be able to smell anything as all the gasses will be filtered through the exhaust. The only time you will smell something is if there is something wrong with the exhaust, so the loud rumble you mention above may be a hole in the exhaust leaking gasses. I'd get it checked out before it makes you sick.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, jbell said:

Could be bacteria in the air con system

Changing out the filter and hitting the system with koala farts (eucalyptus spray) should sort out any bacteria. Sounds like a hole in the exhaust somewhere though. 

• 2 months later...

I forgot i posted! It turned out to be the washer bottle. The water went bad and stunk. Ford cleared out for free :D 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club