Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

I think I might be heading for another breakdown, advice needed

laumk7

Friday is was doing school run as normal headed outside the school gates, traffic super heavy as normal so when a chance to move arises you've got to take it. I saw a chance to pull out most of the way, thing is WVM didn't take too kindly and steered INTO ME taking the paint off my brand new ST! 

He then drove off, so I had to chase him! When I caught up with him over a mile down the road I had to call 999 as he outright refused to give his insurance details. 

Now this has had a chance to settle down my mental health issues are suffering again, I need help with what to do next. Hes trying to say it was my fault

What happened when the police got there?  I take it insurance details were given, in which case all you can do is submit the claim and take it from there.

Regarding the mental health side of things, I really don't know what to advise.  I'm going through similar issues myself just now, and if I knew how to effectively deal with it, I'd be more than happy to share that information, but unfortunately I don't. 

17 minutes ago, laumk7 said:

Now this has had a chance to settle down my mental health issues are suffering again,

Mental health issues and you are driving! Not being funny but is this serious ? Doctor know ? Fit to drive ?

Police refused to come out and only advised over the (Bluetooth) phone, despite me being a lone female in distress with a disabled daughter facing a physically and mentally aggressive male

27 minutes ago, Ian Lanc said:

Mental health issues and you are driving! Not being funny but is this serious ? Doctor know ? Fit to drive ?

It's a mental illness, not leprosy!  Thousands of people suffer from mental health issues and it doesn't make you any less safe a driver.  As long as you can make safe and rational judgements whilst behind the wheel, then there is no reason you cannot drive. 

Sorry, but I find your comment quite insulting.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, laumk7 said:

Police refused to come out and only advised over the (Bluetooth) phone, despite me being a lone female in distress with a disabled daughter facing a physically and mentally aggressive male

That's terrible, although I dare say their argument would be that you shouldn't have followed him.  But, we all do things in certain situations and I probably would have done the same to be fair. 

What did happen then, if the police didn't attend?  Did he calm down and give details or just leave?

He under threat from the 999 call handler gave his business card and scratched down the vaguest of insurance details 

14 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

It's a mental illness, not leprosy!  Thousands of people suffer from mental health issues and it doesn't make you any less safe a driver.  As long as you can make safe and rational judgements whilst behind the wheel, then there is no reason you cannot drive. 

Sorry, but I find your comment quite insulting.

Well my post isn't aimed at you! So why do you answer this ?

Sorry to hear you're having issues. I know how bad mental health issues can get, though thankfully through very close relatives and not myself.

Did any of the other parents see what happened?  Can you not undertake some pure revenge and report him formally for fleeing the scene of an accident? That carries some potentially painful punishments.

I'd also recommend getting yourself a dash cam.  Strongly suggest in fact.  And I'd recommend a Drivepro 200 as it can be left in the car all the time because it doesn't have a battery and does have Wi-Fi :)  Plug in and forget in other words.

40 minutes ago, laumk7 said:

Dr knows yes fit to drive

That's good to know :wink3:

I had my licence took off me for one year about 8 years ago! I suffer from a severe bad back and one day I couldn't take the pain so overdosed on my pain killers to dull down the pain, which then had an adverse affect that I had 12 seizures in one day and nearly died! Luckily enough the paramedics got to me before I actually died and was on a life support for three weeks, having seizures every hour for the first three days and actually bit me tongue clean off!!!!  When I fully recovered and was allowed out of hospital I'd lost ALL my memory and took two years to remember who I was - where I lived - got a wife - two grown children! It's the worst/frightening two years of my life as 'strangers' tried to help me regain who I was.

Luckily now my pain management is under far greater control and won't be trying the idea of  ''well if I take more painkillers i'll be  better'' 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club