Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Folding Mirrors - annoyance

bertj

My Mk8? 2015 Titanium has door mirrors that only fold in when the car is locked. My garage entrance is very narrow so It would be very useful to fold the mirrors in when moving into the garage. There seems to be no way of doing this without locking the car or am I missing something?

Thanks for any comments.

Not sure how they differ to Focus's but my Focus Titanium, had a little button next to the wing mirror controls that when pressed would simply close them whenever you wanted.

• Like 1

If you look on the wing mirror adjustment switch the downwards selector will fold the mirrors in whilst you're in the car.

10 minutes ago, ChrisB77 said:

If you look on the wing mirror adjustment switch the downwards selector will fold the mirrors in whilst you're in the car.

I have the same car as you and what Chris says is correct.

Just make sure the left/right selector switch is in the centre otherwise you'll just adjust the mirror.

I have the 2011 titanium and have a joystick to do them manual,strange that the newer one don't have this.

They do. The switchgear is redesigned. You simply push the down button with the selector switch in the middle (neutral position)

My 2014 one is the same. I disabled the auto-fold, i could see an expensive failure on the horizon.

I.e, out of warranty I could see my local dealer sucking his teeth and asking for squillions.

Correction, he'd play with his computer and come up with something outrageous.

21 hours ago, Mariner said:

They do. The switchgear is redesigned. You simply push the down button with the selector switch in the middle (neutral position)

Sorry this is mine yes not a button as i said,hold the Joystick thing down and both will go in.

Haha, I had the exact same problem.  Narrow garage, and thought how to hell do I put the mirrors in.  Found out from @Paramanic it was that little button on he door that does all the magic.

Thanks for all the replies. Yes the down button does fold the mirrors! - Duh!  However, there's no little button on the 2015 model. Interestingly my nephew's new Kuga does have a little button to fold the mirrors - all very strange.

Makes me wonder - if you have to fold the mirrors to get your car in the garage, how on earth do you get out of the car?

6 minutes ago, Bobr said:

Makes me wonder - if you have to fold the mirrors to get your car in the garage, how on earth do you get out of the car?

I'm guessing he parks the passenger side tight to the wall so he has more room to get out of the drivers door. 

21 hours ago, bertj said:

Thanks for all the replies. Yes the down button does fold the mirrors! - Duh!  However, there's no little button on the 2015 model. Interestingly my nephew's new Kuga does have a little button to fold the mirrors - all very strange.

The garage is quite wide inside, it's just the opening that's narrow.

I have the same but i can just get past,we have a car port which i drive through and the beams that hold it stick out.

Its the only way to get by the back to clean the car etc,put them in going down but going back i need them out to see the sides.

Wish i could just put 1 in as it would help a lot.