Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Issues with contacts on SYNC

ayrshiredude

So I have a Samsung Galaxy Alpha running Android 5.01.  Never had any issues using it until recently.  For some reason it won't display all my contacts from the phone.  The majority will not come over to sync.  Nothing on the phone has changed either.  I have tried deleting the phone from SYNC then re pairing it, synced the contacts on Google but still the same.  Checked some of the numbers that do work and they are on google, as are the ones that don't.

Really at a loss so hoping someone can help.

1 hour ago, cjay1 said:

does sync have permission to access your phone book? 

Yeah made sure every time I delete and re add it thats ticked.  As I say some of the contacts are there just not most of them,

Yeah up date your phone software its way out of date I am on Android 

Marshmallow 6.0.1

Android 7.0 "Nougat  isn't to far away either

2 hours ago, Joss max said:

Marshmallow 6.0.1

As much as I'd like to I have the latest software for it.  However it all worked ok before so I don't see it as being that.

Fairy nuff James

Why you would not want to have the most up to date software on your phone is entirely up to you.

Blue tooth turned on is it ?

I don't know too much about this but when you say some of your contacts are picked up by sync but not all........ do you have some contacts stored on the sim and others in the phone itself?

On 22/09/2016 at 8:32 AM, Joss max said:

Fairy nuff James

Why you would not want to have the most up to date software on your phone is entirely up to you.

Blue tooth turned on is it ?

I already do have the latest software for my phone.

On 22/09/2016 at 7:57 PM, Vendee said:

I don't know too much about this but when you say some of your contacts are picked up by sync but not all........ do you have some contacts stored on the sim and others in the phone itself?

nope don't have any contacts on the sim card.  They were all on Google however I have tried saving them from Google to the phone but still only the same few show.

On 21/09/2016 at 4:14 PM, Joss max said:

Marshmallow 6.0.1

I'm also running the same version of Android and I can't wait to get rid of it. It's so buggy.

The most annoying thing I have at the moment is major battery drain from the WiFi. My phone has a huge 3700mAh battery and come the evening, it's down to 20%. This is with less than 2 hours screen on time and the WiFi, scanning, etc disabled in every screen I can find. Known glitch for which no fix is available.

That said, Google has a track record of introducing more bugs with its new software, so Android N will probably be the same 😖 Why they can't just stop the new features for one release and hunt down all the bugs, I don't know.

Slightly off topic rant, for which I apologise.

• Like 1

Yes I have also noticed the battery drain as well. I keep my phone nice and tidy with regards to energy sucking apps and such like. Think my next phone is going to be a 3+1

I usually keep the wifi off when I'm not using it

6 minutes ago, ayrshiredude said:

I usually keep the wifi off when I'm not using it

As would I, but it's pointless if you have one of the versions of Android with the bug in. You simply cannot turn off the WiFi as the phone keeps it on, regardless of the settings. And the power consumption of the WiFi is shocking.  My phone came off charge 10 hours ago and the WiFi alone has used 900mAh... this is a quarter of the battery.  The screen with an on-time of 58 minutes has used just 118 mAh. On a phone, you would expect the screen to be the biggest battery drain by a country mile.

Absolutely ridiculous.