Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What Will My Budget Get Me ?

Alan1991

Hello everyone. I registered a few weeks back and havent had much time to go onto this forum. I am thinking of getting a Ford Fiesta MK6 to replace my Rover 25 next summer. I will have a budget of around £1800, what can i expect to get for that money i.e. age, mileage etc. I have already decided the car needs to be a 1.4 petrol or TDCI. I am not interested in the Finesse model as its poverty spec just like the 25, id be looking for either a LX or Zetec. The car must also have less than 60000 on the clock.

Thanks

Best thing to do there is try Autotrader, Gumtree or similar site like that! In light of the budget and you not wanting "poverty" spec as you call it, it's specific and a search on those sites probably your best bet.

My two pence.

Peter

Best thing to do there is try Autotrader, Gumtree or similar site like that! In light of the budget and you not wanting "poverty" spec as you call it, it's specific and a search on those sites probably your best bet.

My two pence.

Peter

Sound advice there :)

I'd also suggest ringing round a few Ford dealers and asking what stock they have on the forecourt, and see what prices they are going for. You will always pay more at a garage, but at least this will give you a good idea what to expect if buying one private

Good luck :)

Thanks for the replys guys. I regularly keep an eye on them on autotrader, eBay and gumtree. I have noticed some good deals coming up, one is a fiesta zetec on a 02 for £1790. What MPG can i expect from the 1.4 engine roughly ?

Is there any common faults to look out for when buying a fiesta ?.

I know alot of my questions are rather daft but i want to learn quite a bit about the car before buying one next summer.

Thanks guys

Thanks for the replys guys. I regularly keep an eye on them on autotrader, ebay and gumtree. I have noticed some good deals coming up, one is a fiesta zetec on a 02 for £1790. What MPG can i expect from the 1.4 engine roughly ?

Is there any common faults to look out for when buying a fiesta ?.

I know alot of my questions are rather daft but i want to learn quite a bit about the car before buying one next summer.

Thanks guys

Don't worry about daft questions, I ask plenty I'm sure! As for common faults on a Fiesta, I cannot help at all - never owned one! But forums such as this and if you Google "common Fiesta problems" should point you in the direction of what you need to know. Sounds basic/obvious but it's true.

1.4 L engine - Never driven one but if I had to estimate I'd say you'd maybe get 35 MPG if you aren't racing around - particularly as you'll be getting an older, less fuel efficient model of car. Further to this, I assume by your username that you are 18 or nearly 18 and just passed your test so driving sensibly/economically is likely to come in time and with experience rather than you automatically being good at it from the off B) not that you aren't a good driver now of course just because of your age, but you'll be a better one in 5 years :D

Good luck!

- Peter

I'd say 35mpg is about right, if even a little ambitious for the 1.4

I had a 1.4 Mk6 from new on a 53 plate, and tbh i found it very heavy on petrol, especially when trying to make progress becasue it had to be revved hard to get anywhere, especially up hills.

Rear window heater developed a fault on the centre elements, which i believe was common among some models. And electric window winder regulators were another faulty item.

That;s the only thing i remember, i had mine for over 3 years and it was a fairly good little car :)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club