Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Android App! Broken but might know a fix............

Paramanic

To the Admins @Trevor etc tag away :P 

The app has decided to not work since revamp of the Page (forum) but a group of us member's were talking. We think productivity on the pages has gone down as a result of this. 
If app could be fixed people like myself who is busy to log onto a pc etc don't have time hence why I and more people have not been as active which is a shame as i got into all the modding business due to these pages of nice people. Plus as i said before FoC members are the nicest people. 

Any Chance of fixing the app? ps I know someone who can help if an admin PM's me i can give you their email :) 

@GingerFlame @Willy @L22EEW @Will-MK7 @M4RC 

• Like 2

App isn't built in house.

It is a white label tapatalk product.

Can't be fixed and re-published as the site does not own the code.

App isn't built in house.

It is a white label tapatalk product.

Can't be fixed and re-published as the site does not own the code.

7ad5950c103415d1f60e1d4e6665d43a.jpg

That's a shame. I really don't like having to use Crapatalk.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

@alexp999

How feasible/hard would it be for a group of members, and/or others, who happen to how code to write an app from scratch?

• Like 1

Feasible: Yes.

Hard Work: Very, unless the app is just a container to display the site at mobile size (not much point in that).

It will need support from the admins to implement probably the most important feature, which is push notifications.

You also need to factor in costs for getting it on to the app stores.

• Like 2

I just use the Browser and click on Ford what i have saved,only 2 more clicks to get it than the App.

Hi James / All, 

First post here, signed up as I was speaking with @Paramanic  regarding the app the other day. 

I'm an android app developer and also was in charge of an iOS project (I can't code iOS though...). 

I find it very strange that Tapatalk has issues refreshing. I did wonder if this app was compiled outsite of your control.

I do have some questions

• Are there any known issues with the Tapatalk app? 
  • Are there any updates for the app using newer APIs. For example you could have updated the site to use v4 of Tapatalk but the app is using V3 which could case incompatibility problems. (V3 & V4 are example versions). 
  • Is this app compiled on their servers? Are there any options to get source?
  • Are you using Premium BYO or Business BYO?
  • Have you contacted Tapatalk directly to see if they can see the issue. 

PS - Nice site! Will make a post welcoming myself in the welcome us section later today!

Hi Guys

We had a lot of problems with tapatalk, especially with it making duplicate posts on the forums. We had to pause the account immediately. 

I could re-look in to this for the free account (we used to have a custom BYO app with them but updating was a nightmare, same as the support was a nightmare too)

I am not sure I liked the way they now operate and the data they collected from members as well, and how they distribute content from competing sites, pretty sure they are using this data to take over the world ;)

There is no source option.

What I am trying to figure out is what tapatalk does better than the current mobile skin on the site?

Edit: i have only just got up, so brain is now with it yet :D

Honestly Steve?

Not much...just more convenient having the app - not to mention force of habit

(I'm still using it now lol)

• 2 weeks later...
On 24/09/2016 at 8:50 AM, SeanW said:

Honestly Steve?

Not much...just more convenient having the app - not to mention force of habit

(I'm still using it now lol)

Apps are the way forward (y) IIRC they account for most internet traffic nowadays too, so apps are vital to businesses! 

On 24/09/2016 at 7:31 AM, Steve said:

Hi Guys

We had a lot of problems with tapatalk, especially with it making duplicate posts on the forums. We had to pause the account immediately. 

I could re-look in to this for the free account (we used to have a custom BYO app with them but updating was a nightmare, same as the support was a nightmare too)

I am not sure I liked the way they now operate and the data they collected from members as well, and how they distribute content from competing sites, pretty sure they are using this data to take over the world ;)

There is no source option.

What I am trying to figure out is what tapatalk does better than the current mobile skin on the site?

Edit: i have only just got up, so brain is now with it yet :D

I have heard some stories about Tapatalk... 

All companies use our data far too much now. 

Shame there is no source (I'm not gonna hack it xD)

I believe the app has in build notifications IIRC so people can get notified or replies or when they are tagged. Which is far more convenient than loading a web page and pressing refresh.