Do Not Sell My Personal Information

'Engine Systems Fault' Message & Red Light

bf75

Hi all

I have a 2006 Focus mk2 1.6 tdci.... It currently has the 'Engine Systems Fault' message displayed on the dash with accompanying red light

This has left the car in 'Limp mode'

Took it in for diagnostics & came back with Glow plugs & EGR faults

Removed, cleaned & replaced EGR; used an OBD2 tester to check for faults & none have been occurring.... But the 'Engine Systems Fault' message displayed on the dash remains on, along with the red light

How do I remove this message& light??

Cheers

Get the glow plugs changed, if there is a DTC for them then they are goosed and will cause limp home mode.

If the EGR is stuck open or closed also a clean will not work and replacement may be the only option as well.

Both the glow plugs and EGR are used to aid DPF regeneration if your car has one fitted.

• Like 1

If it has a dpf fitted then could also be out of Eoyls fluid and the code for that won't be read by a generic OBD scanner as it is stored in the FACM.

OBD readers generally only can access the powertrain ECU not many of the other ECU's that can cause problems.

Forscan and an ELM 327 is the only way to diagnose the car correctly or go to a garage with suitable diagnostics kit.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Glow plugs changed & EGR valve cleaned out..... car running as normal now

Thanks for the advice

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club