Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Buying Advice

richie19rich77

Sorry if this is posted within the wrong place, I currently have a 53 plate Focus Ghia which is costing me quite a bit in petrol and got a minor warning on my last MOT and need work doing to the real suspension.

I am looking to get a Mk2 facelift 08/09, I have found a 08 diesel on 110,000 TDCi DPF Zetec for £2850.  It has parking sensors, satnav, electric mirrors all round, heated seats.... well a lot for the price.  FSH and one owner.  I know the problems with the DPF and I am willing to take the risk.

But my only doubt is the seller and the location the car is in, if the car was on a forecourt I would have bought it on the spot.  It is a trade seller working out of a farm that has breakers yard in the same plot of land, when I called him at 11AM he was still in bed :P

I have taken the car for a test drive and it drives perfectly, everything looks in good working order.  But there is something inside of me that says this is a risk, but what more rights would I have if I was buying from a local garage.

I would love any kind of advice, even though deep down I think I will purchase the car.

Thanks

Check all windows to see if they have ford logo on them its a good tell tale sign if its been i a bump. Also get look under the car dont be affraid to get dirty look for oil leaks and that. Next time u start it up run to the back of car and look for smoke

You need to get the car up in the air and have a good look around.Cars can look good and drive well,on a test run but can also hide horrors underneath and could be a potential money pit.

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

Thanks for your replies.

I have done all the basics and everything looks ok, no smoke, no rust, everything looks good underneath.  I will check the windows when I see it next.

I have spoken to the dealer today and I asked would he give any warranty and he said he would give 2 weeks, this would give me enough time to get a local garage to give it a good going over looking for any major problems.

I am going early next week to buy it, going to start with a offer of £2500 and work my way up. 

22 hours ago, richie19rich77 said:

I have spoken to the dealer today and I asked would he give any warranty and he said he would give 2 weeks, this would give me enough time to get a local garage to give it a good going over looking for any major problems.

so you're going to get the car examined by a pro mechanic after you've bought it and handed over the cash ?  yeah good luck with that  :-/

and a 2 week warranty from a turnip farmer who stays in bed all day probably isnt worth diddly squat if im being honest.

at least consider a RAC pre-purchase iinspection

and if this focus is a 1.6 tdci version , dont bother , that engine is a complete lemon lol

i sense the fail is strong with this car purchase.........

;-)

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club