Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus ST Line 1.5 (150 PS)

STline

Took delivery of a frozen white ST Line yesterday, absolutely loving it,  Much nicer to drive than my old mk2 1.8 style. 

IMG_0827.JPG

• Like 7

Very nice :smile: I was originally going to get the Black/Red edition of this car but I got the Zetec S Black/Red instead as they didn't have any in stock.

Not the wheels I was expecting, were supposed to be 5 spoke 'Y' shaped, but I think I prefer these in the flesh. 

IMG_0830.JPG

Very nice. Never owned a white car so I have no idea how easy it is to maintain. Also , rest assured your car does not have 150 HP. Should be around 170 if ecoboost :).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rainydays said:

Also , rest assured your car does not have 150 HP. Should be around 170 if ecoboost :).

150PS (147bhp) is correct for the ST-Line according to Ford - guess a de-tuned version of the 182ps engine

congratulation on the new car - the Focus does look really good in white with the grey wheels

Ford has done one engine for the 1,5 and they sell in two brackets.

Mine is the 1,5 ecoboost rated at 150. When I went to my tuner he said that none of the 1,5 ecoboost engines truly have 150 HP. Depending on your break in and mapping from ford you will have north of 170.

Mine had 175 on the dyno and ford rates it at 150.

• Like 1

Ford.co.uk website reckons 150ps from the 1.5 ecoboost engine and 1.5 TDCI gives 120ps. My Zetec S Black edition 2.0 TDCI gives around 150ps and the 1.5 Ecoboost is rated to give 180ps. The ST Line Black/Red edition is rated to give the exact same. Seems a bit odd that regular ST line or Zetec S wouldn't give the same sort of HP as the Red/Black Editions. Maybe that's the extra £1000 your paying for then 

Excuse my ignorance but what exactly differs between the Zetec S and the ST-Line?

ST Line is a rebranding of the Zetec S. They're practically the same car with one or two small differences I believe.

Thanks David. I did wonder if the ST-line was a replacement for the ZS. 

Ford.co.uk website reckons 150ps from the 1.5 ecoboost engine and 1.5 TDCI gives 120ps. My Zetec S Black edition 2.0 TDCI gives around 150ps and the 1.5 Ecoboost is rated to give 180ps. The ST Line Black/Red edition is rated to give the exact same. Seems a bit odd that regular ST line or Zetec S wouldn't give the same sort of HP as the Red/Black Editions. Maybe that's the extra £1000 your paying for then 

My post may not have been clear. My 1.5 is a Titanium and Ford rates it at 150 HP. I went to my tuner and I asked how much power I can get on my car. He said I should not worry because all 1,5 engines have between 170-182 HP. This comes back to my point where the 1.5 ecoboost is not rated at 150 if you measure it.

There is no premium involved or any other factor deciding this. Ford has detuned the 182 but not as much as they say they did.

My standard Titanium on the Dyno. Measurement was 175,4 HP at 6250. The way ford detuned the car made it difficult for me to have access to that power especially during break in.

ec505d3ebc8ee2d595946bce014137a9.jpg

I hope this clears up the fact that while ford states 150 HP for the 1,5 ecoboost you will have 15-20 HP more depending on your break in.

Tuners recommend the 1,5 ecoboost rated by ford at 150 because the results are easier to achieve.

My car has 200 plus now with the BMC AIR FILTER and soon it will have a 76 mm down pipe with a 76 mm duplex and 114 mm tailpipes.

This should offer a few horsies more.

7a1450f9eb6270761a433a3555a615d3.jpg

• Like 2

On 23/09/2016 at 5:49 PM, STline said:

Not the wheels I was expecting, were supposed to be 5 spoke 'Y' shaped, but I think I prefer these in the flesh. 

IMG_0830.JPG

Same as what I have on my Tit X with the exception of them being in gunmetal grey rather than silver. I actually prefer them in this darker colour!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mjt said:

Don't show the brake dust eh? :biggrin:

That's what mine look like after a layer of brake dust has appeared. Swear the Ford genuine stuff creates excessive dust!

• Like 1

Yes, I reckon it does too. The wheels on our Mk3 dust up much faster than they did on our old Mk1.5 but I do also wonder how much that's due to the airflow around the wheel. The wheels on our old car had much rounder, smoother profile, spokes. Our Mk2.5 has the simpler 5-spoke alloys with rounded spokes and they don't dust up nearly as quickly. Although they don't look as pretty they're a heck of a lot easier to clean as well.

• 3 years later...
  • 1 year later...

Just bought my father's 1.5 '66 plate off of him about a month. A bit of a steal really, unfortunately he's had to give up driving and the motor's only got 4.3k on it... It's in white but he's had the mirrors painted red as well as the front spoiler. I was thinking of getting back to its proper colour but it's really growing on me. 

Anyway, the point of the post or question really, is having spoken to our local mechanic, he states you should change the oli at 10k miles or less, as apparently the oil path ways are only 1.5 mm when he's had people with these types of engines blow up their turbos because the there's not enough oil getting to them.

Has any only else heard of this please?   Thanks Peter.