Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mountune short-shift experiences, anyone?

NQbbe

Hello everyone

I'm very close to buying a Mountune short-shifter, however before I do so I'd like to know if anyone has any experience with it?

I imagine the throw gets shortened by a fair amount, and as a consequence you'll have to apply more force to change gears. My question is therefore mainly whether it's worth it, or if it starts requiring too much force?

Thanks in advance :-)

I fitted a Steeda short shifter to my Focus ST that mounts on the selector arm on top of the gearbox.

There is no increased stiffness and gear changes are still positive and accurate.

Sent from my SM-G930F

3 hours ago, NQbbe said:

Hello everyone

I'm very close to buying a Mountune short-shifter, however before I do so I'd like to know if anyone has any experience with it?

I imagine the throw gets shortened by a fair amount, and as a consequence you'll have to apply more force to change gears. My question is therefore mainly whether it's worth it, or if it starts requiring too much force?

Thanks in advance :-)

It shortens the distance you move the lever, nothing else changes.

have a look at Willy's thread in the project section, he fitted one.

• Like 1

I haven't had any luck finding the post by Willy - in fact I can't even find the project section any more. I'm clearly looking the wrong places, could you provide a link?

Hi mate.

Yep I have one fitted. Definitely worth doing.

You feel the benifits straight away without any adverse effects on the gear change.

I'll find you a link to my page.

Another mod worth doing is the leather gator from the ST. Fits with a bit of modding.

20151231_152509_zpssx5upv6x.jpg

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club