Do Not Sell My Personal Information

HELP engine light on

Patrico777

My engine mamagment light came on what could be problem my revs does not work they start to move after few seconds check video please

No one help ? Lol I need to drive london tomorrow should it be fine ?

I certainly wouldn't drive long distance with the EML on.  And it is also illegal to drive on the motorway knowing you could break down.

27 minutes ago, GaryPL said:

I certainly wouldn't drive long distance with the EML on.  And it is also illegal to drive on the motorway knowing you could break down.

Ok what could be problem?? What is that air sensor

Try keeping your air con off. I don't think the eml should come on for an air con fault, but it's the best guess ive got at the moment. 

You should probably get it checked before driving long distance even if the light stays away with air con off 

After a quick google of the fault code It states these are the most likely problems but take this as a very rough guide, could be something entirely different but as your cluster takes a while to become active, to me it would suggest a wiring issue but my knowledge is only theoretical from internet sources such as here.

• The ambient air temperature sensor has malfunctioned
  • The wiring has shorted or broken
  • There is corrosion in the electric circuitry or connector
  • A break or short in the ambient air temperature harness
  • Debris that is covering the sensor

Best bet it to get a garage to have a look at it before you take it on any long drives. 

3 minutes ago, Pullock said:

After a quick google of the fault code It states these are the most likely problems but take this as a very rough guide, could be something entirely different but as your cluster takes a while to become active, to me it would suggest a wiring issue but my knowledge is only theoretical from internet sources such as here.

• The ambient air temperature sensor has malfunctioned
  • The wiring has shorted or broken
  • There is corrosion in the electric circuitry or connector
  • A break or short in the ambient air temperature harness
  • Debris that is covering the sensor

Best bet it to get a garage to have a look at it before you take it on any long drives. 

Yeah its something with wiring deffinety bought radio yestrday pioneer touchscreen installed it worked fine when pushed inside dashboard tried if it works it did not turn on went Halfords apparently one cable does not have power there are two yellow and red and one of them has no power installed my ford radio works fine but there might be something with the electric as I play music from iPhone to aux cable does not work perfectly once plugged the charging start working nicely its very strange lights is off now but the cluster takes time to work ! Will make an appoitment at Ford deffo

Wouldn't the ambient air temp sensor be in either the front bumper or wing mirror?

Anyway guys what is that ambient  air tem

sensor for ??? What does it do?

2 hours ago, Patrico777 said:

Anyway guys what is that ambient  air tem

sensor for ??? What does it do?

Just tells you what the outside air temp is, don't think its linked to the engine mapping though.

All of the electrical problems (in this thread and others) point to something fundamental like a bad earthing point.  Or possibly one of the leads that come from the alternator.  But electrical gremlins can be a nightmare.  Possible ECU problems like water ingress? Bad battery connection.

Good luck with this one :)

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, GaryPL said:

All of the electrical problems (in this thread and others) point to something fundamental like a bad earthing point.  Or possibly one of the leads that come from the alternator.  But electrical gremlins can be a nightmare.  Possible ECU problems like water ingress? Bad battery connection.

Good luck with this one :)

Exactly what I think when I try play music through aux does not work properly once put the phone on charge works perfectly fine that is something to do with power that right will make an appoitment tomorrow at ford and my cluster does not furn on either after like 20-30sec

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club