Do Not Sell My Personal Information

mk4 Mondeo limp mode

MrL

Good morning, I'm new here so be gentle!! I've got an 07 mk4 2L tdci Mondeo. A little while back I was going away for the weekend, filled the tank and set off down the motorway. Within about 20 miles I had an engine malfunction message and limp mode (but no engine management light). It disappears when I restart the engine but comes back at around 3000rpm. It was suggested it could be the egr so I've used a can of egr cleaner but no change. Yesterday, I disconnected the electrical connection for the sensor on the top of the air box and the problem disappeared. Nice acceleration, no issues. I've bought a new air filter which I'll change after work and some dpf cleaner just in case. Does anyone have any suggestions? I've got a 600mile round trip tomorrow and need to decide if I should take my wife's dreaded 1.2 fiesta! (Nice car but I'm 6'3!)

16 hours ago, MrL said:

A little while back I was going away for the weekend, filled the tank and set off down the motorway. Within about 20 miles I had an engine malfunction message and limp mode (but no engine management light).

I am 70% sure it is a DPF related problem. Next most likely is glowpugs (but based on 1.6TDCI really) There will be an error code.

Have a look through:

Any questions, post here.

Peter.