Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Type of service

Gavinb

1.0 ecoboost is 2.5 years old, had its first service on time (12 months) but then randomly had another service 6 months later (previous owner) so is due again in October.  It has only done 20,000 miles, but the 3rd service should be the 36,000 mile service rather than the 25,000- which service do I need?  There is a significant step-up in price at the local Ford dealerships between the 2. 

Also, my extra warranty with Evans Halshaw will kick in next March, I take it I'm fine having it won't void it if I get it done with another main dealer?

Ford currently uses the Small - Medium - Large service schedule. The service schedule is time and mileage based.

The 1st service is a small one and should be performed at 1 year or 12.000 MLS / 20.000 KM (whichever comes first).

The 2nd service is a Medium one and should be performed at 2 year or 24.000 MLS / 40.000 KM (whichever comes first).

The 3rd service is a large one and should be performed at 3 year or 36.000 MLS / 60.000 KM (whichever comes first).

Next to this the time between 2 services must be 1 year maximum.In Your case the 2nd service was performed early. This basically means that the next service must be performed within 1 year after the previous service. In your case this will be a large service.

Ford has strict warranty regulations. Not following these regulations will void the warranty.

10 hours ago, JW1982 said:

The 1st service is a small one and should be performed at 1 year or 12.000 MLS / 20.000 KM (whichever comes first).

The 2nd service is a Medium one and should be performed at 2 year or 24.000 MLS / 40.000 KM (whichever comes first).

The 3rd service is a large one and should be performed at 3 year or 36.000 MLS / 60.000 KM (whichever comes first).

The service interval is 12,500 miles so those figures should be 12.5k, 25k and 37.5k

I did not know the exact service interval in Miles (we only use the service interval in KM in the Netherlands). I read the 12.000 MLS service interval in another thread so assumed this was correct. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club