Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Mondeo 2.0 TDCi (2002) - Black Smoke

DsoftHD1

Hi.
I have an issue with my Ford. I'd like to ask for some help. I would appreicate any help you could give me. So my problem is as follows:

Black smoke is comming out of the exhaust pipe. I cleaned the EGR valve and that helped a little. It reduced the amount of smoke coming out, but it's still a radiculous amount.
There are some other issues as well what I think might be related to this smoke issue. After hitting about 3400/3500 rpm the engine stops delivering more power to the wheels. The power of the engine just goes away. And the other issue i have is that the idle is a little rough. It's not constant. These problems occure both when the engine is cold or warm.

Thanks in advance for your help!

5 hours ago, DsoftHD1 said:

Black smoke is comming out of the exhaust pipe.

Simple bit to check first is the hoses from the turbo to the intercooler and intercooler to the inlet manifold. Splits and leaking connections are quite common, lack of air causes smoke & power loss. Feel & squeeze all the pipes & hoses, all round.

Look for damage to the intercooler, for leaks again.

Air filter checked / replaced.

Engine oil level checked (not burning engine oil?)

Then it gets harder. A powerful diagnostic system like Forscan can monitor engine parameters like fuel rail pressure & turbo boost pressure, and see if any error codes are stored.

MAF & MAP sensors can be checked for dirt / oil or bad connectors, Then it is on to Turbo actuator, other sensors like Air & Coolant temperature, and injectors.

8 hours ago, Tdci-Peter said:

Simple bit to check first is the hoses from the turbo to the intercooler and intercooler to the inlet manifold. Splits and leaking connections are quite common, lack of air causes smoke & power loss. Feel & squeeze all the pipes & hoses, all round.

Look for damage to the intercooler, for leaks again.

Air filter checked / replaced.

Engine oil level checked (not burning engine oil?)

Then it gets harder. A powerful diagnostic system like Forscan can monitor engine parameters like fuel rail pressure & turbo boost pressure, and see if any error codes are stored.

MAF & MAP sensors can be checked for dirt / oil or bad connectors, Then it is on to Turbo actuator, other sensors like Air & Coolant temperature, and injectors.

Thank you very much!

I'll take a look as soon as possible.

• Like 1