Do Not Sell My Personal Information

04 Ford Streetka Luxury Silver Parts/Sell

lukasc

It is with a heavy heart that i will be selling the Streetka i bought earlier this year as a repair project. It was bought as an MOT failure - mainly suspension components and a wheel bearing, things which were fixable. I have put it in for an MOT after working hard on it over 6 weekends and spending hundreds on parts, and it has failed the MOT on the Subframe mounts corrosion (both front and rear). As i am not a welder and the repair is likely to cost a further few hundred pounds, im not willing to throw more money at it.

Now i'd rather sell it as a whole to someone who has the ability to finish the repairs. But, if nobody wants it i will pull it apart for spares.

It is a 2004 in Moondust Silver with 74k Miles on the clock. The bodywork is fair (needs a T-Cut and polish) and the back bumper could do with a touch up. If somebody does need parts off it then let me know, if there is enough interest i will sell it in parts.

14457273_10157505259615084_8594455747300591241_n.jpg

I feel your pain. ... truly I do!!!

My Streetkrap is going in for MOT next week after much work on it only problem is i just poked the rear suspension leg and my screwdriver went right through it - has a large rust patch which im sure will fail so ive filled it with filler and covered it in underseal and weathered it so fingers crossed otherwise it goes over the edge of a clifff lol

I wish I had knwon before i bought this pregnant skateboard that Kas have the worst suspension rust and corrosion of any car on the market - even worse than my old mans Mercedes Avantgarde C Class.

21 hours ago, Omendata said:

IMy Streetkrap is going in for MOT next week after much work on it only problem is i just poked the rear suspension leg and my screwdriver went right through it - has a large rust patch which im sure will fail so ive filled it with filler and covered it in underseal and weathered it so fingers crossed otherwise it goes over the edge of a clifff

If that were my car I'd WANT it to fail the MOT. If you know there is that much rot on it, how can you possibly feel safe taking that our on the road? You're putting your own life at risk plus that of every other road user who happens to be anywhere near you when that lets go.

Do the right thing - fix it or scrap it. Don't go risking innocent lives just to save a few quid.

Who said it was dangerous?

Its a large rust patch much like a sill failure it isnt dangerous as i had a mate do a stress test on the rear suspension with a Newton Gauge and a professional haulage rack but it could possibly fail knowing the ripoff that 90% of garages are or more likely be an advisory.

And I drive it like an auld granny once a week if im lucky to the local shops and back so im not exactly doing 100mph on the motorway dude!

Some of us are unemployed and have to make do with what we have and cannot afford to do much else - just ask half the population of Liverpool , Glasgow or Manchester. It passed its last MOT last year with no mention of any problems from the guy that sold it to me!

So many flappers around!

Take it to a council run MOT station and present it as is. Then they're not going to a "ripoff" MOT centre.

If it passes there then it's fine. If it fails then it's dangerous - endof - no matter what you & your mate & your newton gauge actually think.

The MOT is not an occupational hazard - it's an important safety test. If a car fails then it does so because it's unsafe - no matter what you may think.

If you cannot afford to repair it properly then may I suggest that you sell it and buy an alternative car that doesn't have such issues, or use public transport. Running  a car is a privilege, not a right.

My mate runs his own garage lol

And he says the car is fine and I have been building cars since I was 18 so unless you are a garage time served mechanic I think I can rely on my own judgement!

And I doubt i would find something as cheap as this heap of ordure!

And this is a site for recommending car repairs not self righteous nobs to come on and give it laldy.

Go take a !Removed! that will relax your sphincter!

So you & your mate's judgement is better than the accredited and trained MOT tester is it? If your judgment is so good, and you're convinced there is no safety issue, why are you going to such lengths to cover up the issue to hide it from the inspector?

"i just poked the rear suspension leg and my screwdriver went right through it - has a large rust patch which im sure will fail so ive filled it with filler and covered it in underseal and weathered it so fingers crossed"

If you're convinced it will fail then you must know it's a safety issue.

Your arguments make no sense.

Seems to me you KNOW it's a safety issue but, hey, what the hell, cover it up, get it through an MOT, and hope it doesn't give way and kill someone seems to be your attitude.

Which quite frankly stinks and is utterly disrespectful to every other road user who happens to be in the vicinity of wherever you go.

Fix it properly, or sell/scrap it. Putting lives at risk just so you can have the luxury of running a car is probably one of the most selfish things you can do.

It just passed this morning with no advisories.