Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Newbie to the forum

Falkie

Hi all, I am new to this forum. I've never owned a Ford before but am now the owner of a 2016 Wildtrak. I've only been driving it for a couple of days but am well impressed. I notice that the 3.2 diesil automatic is good and powerful, but seems to linger in the gears before changing up. However, as I am actually based in the Falkland Islands, this is not a problem. Most of the work it will be doing will be off - road, driving tourists out and about and mainly to see Penguins (which stink !)

I have a Toyota Hi Lux crew cab (not enough leg room in the back unlike the Ranger). I also use a Jeep Grand Cherokee (4.5 V8 - expensive on fuel) but really comfortable. I will be ineterested to see ho the Wildtrak performs off-road. I've read a lot about it and am expecting a good end of term report !

Just now, dezwez said:

Hi Welcome

Cheers Dezwez ! Looking forward to having a look around the forum to anser a few questions :)

• Like 1

Hello and welcome ! Removed! Wonder why your name has been censored

• Like 1

Welcome :D looks like your name has been removed so I'm not really sure what to call you haha. Nice car by the sounds too! Love Wildtrak editions :)

haha - yes, my name tends to get deleted by most forums (something I find a bit irritating as Mr D Cheney doesn't seem to suffer the same problem !!)

Anyway - must learn how to receive upates to posts on here ! Just noticed at the bottom of this post there is a notify replies button which is now ON.

The Wildtrak is very very nice indeed - noticed today when fiddling with some of the buttons that I am returning only 13.4 mpg . I can only hope/guess that this is short trips around Stanley. Heck - if not, then I will be running out of fuel when driving tourists off-road to see Penguins. Got a few questions to ask wo will see if I can post them elsewhere and hopefully get some replies. Cheers all !!

Oh...at the risk of annoying all Ford owners on here, my Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7 V8 gives me arouf 25 mpg ...haha !!