Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New MK7 white Zetec Sport next Tue....

daisbuys

Hi guys,

I am picking my new white Fiesta Zetec S Ti-Vct with street pack next tuesday and was just wondering about the Pumaspeed stage 1 remap.

Does anyone know what kind of power this simple plug and play remap would produce?

http://www.pumaspeed.co.uk/showdetails.php?id=572

I have thought abouth the Mountune 140 package and also the Pumaspeed 140, but the price is slightly more than what I would want to pay. And I really aint fussed on a having a full exhaust/manifolds system but would not mind an extra bit of oomph from just a handheld unit. I had a Dreamscience on my Focus ST before, and I like the thought of being able to remove the remap for not to avoid warranty.

I have emailed them but have got no response, so am hoping someone would know on here?

Anyway, speak again soon and hi to FMC, remember you from focusstoc. Looks like we have the same taste in cars lol.

I getting the ZS tdci, 90bhp, 150ftlb.

Spoken to Dreamscience via a very good contact who got his puma engine to 190bhp with their tuning (non turbo) and they happy to get the lump up to 110bhp with near 200ftlb torque.

Under 400 quid with VAT.

Seems nice thing to me. Oh, they say the MPG may even go up to, due to higher injection pressures.

Maybe worth a go.

Its a system you can constantly tweek, so wet day, hot day, track day, long journey, you can setup just right.

Not many people rate them, but my mate couldnt fault them, as I said he had a mk5 festa with puma engine with racing puma manifolds at a shade under 190bhp revving to nr 9k!

Piggy

i don't get the hole remap thing. if you have a really cool car like this then isn't it better to go slower so more people can see it and more importantly you driving it! if you wanted a super fast car then just buy one in the first place. if ford wanted a 200bhp fiesta they'd have made one but clearly they must feel the cars not up to it or its ludicrous. just my opinion but i really don't see the sense in them unless your a speed freak on the verge of jail or an intensive care bed.

Clearly not driven a 190bhp festa!! LOL!

It was a challenge for us.

Was low budget, we stripped the car, fairly low budget high power compared to some, and even low budget suspension, but cossie brakes, me bud whipped RS's on track, tuned ones too.

And an engine at nr 9k rpm, just sounds incredible, nothing like it but a bike!

He more into handling now, hence he owns a racing puma, less power, more grip.

They did wana make an RS mk5 actually, even had the bodykit parts made up, and those parts were put on the mk5 festa me mate had, had 'FORD RS' printed on them and everything, quite ghostly, however what engine they may have used remains a debated issue.

Piggy

i don't get the hole remap thing. if you have a really cool car like this then isn't it better to go slower so more people can see it and more importantly you driving it! if you wanted a super fast car then just buy one in the first place. if ford wanted a 200bhp fiesta they'd have made one but clearly they must feel the cars not up to it or its ludicrous. just my opinion but i really don't see the sense in them unless your a speed freak on the verge of jail or an intensive care bed.

No disrespect but you clearly don't know much about cars to come out with a statement like that. By law all cars have to have a dip in power between 2-3000rom, this was designed to conserve fuel but the irony is people usually have to rev harder to accelerate at those revs therby using more fuel.

Besides that, cars are always engineered with a huge safety margin on power so that the engine and drivetrain are operate well within their operating threshold. A remap will free up this restricted power and make better use of the rev range, making for better mid range acceleration which in turn allows for safer overtaking, and will usually equate to better fuel consumption.

So more power isn't just about going fast, it can be about a better driving experience and for the sake of fuel economy too.

but if its law to have a 2-3000rpm rev dip and the remap "free's up" this restriction then wouldn't that make the remap illegal? not trying to cause an argument just trying to understand better. i looked into a diesel remap for my zafria for ecco reasons but worked out it it would take years for it to pay for itself. please excuse my ignorance and do not take offense to my benign comments.

Hi guys,

I am picking my new white Fiesta Zetec S Ti-Vct with street pack next tuesday and was just wondering about the Pumaspeed stage 1 remap.

Does anyone know what kind of power this simple plug and play remap would produce?

http://www.pumaspeed.co.uk/showdetails.php?id=572

I have thought abouth the Mountune 140 package and also the Pumaspeed 140, but the price is slightly more than what I would want to pay. And I really aint fussed on a having a full exhaust/manifolds system but would not mind an extra bit of oomph from just a handheld unit. I had a Dreamscience on my Focus ST before, and I like the thought of being able to remove the remap for not to avoid warranty.

I have emailed them but have got no response, so am hoping someone would know on here?

Anyway, speak again soon and hi to FMC, remember you from focusstoc. Looks like we have the same taste in cars lol.

Ive been to pumaspeed and spoke to them about the remap.. you need to heve the whole exaust changed from the maifold before they attempt to remap your car. they told me it wont work on the standard exhaust system. hope that helps.

but if its law to have a 2-3000rpm rev dip and the remap "free's up" this restriction then wouldn't that make the remap illegal? not trying to cause an argument just trying to understand better. i looked into a diesel remap for my zafria for ecco reasons but worked out it it would take years for it to pay for itself. please excuse my ignorance and do not take offense to my benign comments.

It's only the law for new vehicles, which is why even the Ford approved remap from Mountune, for example, is offered as an aftermarket accessory and not fitted as standard ;)

Also bear in mind that engines will be designed and configured to comply with taxation classification, such as regulations on CO2 emissions, so a vehicle's map governing the performance may be purposely trimmed back to get that vehicle to just fit in to a lower taxation category. At present there is no requirement under law for a car to undergo a test to ensure that the actual emissions are in compliance with the homologated figures used on the V5 log book to satisfy taxation classes, nless you actually change an engine's cylinder capacity in which case you'll need a reinspection by an inspector from a VOSA office and a new log book from the DVLA.....

anyway, BTTT....

Dai, I'd say if you want to remap the car and have the ability to return back to standard (i think i know why ;)) then wait for a Bluefin or go for another DS like you had on your ST. Otherwise i'm sure the Pumaspeed remap is a good investment and you'll get plenty of smiles-per-gallon from it, even if it would need a return visit to them to be returned to standard :P

Good to see you've got a Fiesta coming and to get back in touch with you, it seems ages! Cheers, Regan. :)

Agree massively with FMC there, in 1st and 2nd gears, the Puma ecu hugely restricts the torque, so removing that makes it a complete beast off the line, thats if you got your traction sorted, otherwise 3rd gear will be the only one the wheels wont be spinning in.

The downside to all this can be reliability...this kind of tuning and remapping is just a tiny version of what they do with super 1600s and super2000s in rallying, huge power but the engines and components dont last long.

Often a manufacturer will tune up a engine, make the engine capable of amazing things, then to put that in your everyday car they keep the components but downtune, giving you the reliability.

Hope this all has helped....or at least not hindered! Piggy :)

Hi guys, thanks for all your comments.

I find it strange that pumaspeed offer the remap on its own then say you need the whole package to get the stage 1 remap. So basically, they can only offer the stage 2 remap then? :unsure:

Hi regan sent you a PM mate. Good to speak to you again. Think I will wait for DS or bluefin to release something, not in a rush anyway, just wondered what mods I can plan for?

Hi guys, thanks for all your comments.

I find it strange that pumaspeed offer the remap on its own then say you need the whole package to get the stage 1 remap. So basically, they can only offer the stage 2 remap then? :unsure:

Hi regan sent you a PM mate. Good to speak to you again. Think I will wait for DS or bluefin to release something, not in a rush anyway, just wondered what mods I can plan for?

I've sent DS an email asking if they have any plans for the Mk7 TDCi (in my opinion, anyone in the tuning business not investing in looking at remaps for this model is missing a big opportunity cos i reckon the diesel will outsell the petrol in the next year). Anyway, i'll wait for their reply and let you know what they say.

In the meantime you're pretty stuck for performance mods. I've got a set of Eibachs ready to go on my TDCi (see my sig), but that's about all i'm planning, apart from a remap, but that depends on who's offering what, i'll wait til about March to see what comes on the market :)

id be interested in a dreamscience stratagem for the mk7 too, i had one for my focus st and it brought that to life, just dash plug retune and unplug, great fun

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club