Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Problem with front washer jets

djsubtronic

Hello guys, I discovered a random issue the other day. My front washer jets weren't spraying any liquid, so I figured it was empty. Topped it up again but no luck. The back one works fine, and I can hear the pump when I try to spray the front ones, but no sign of any liquid. I also looked around the engine bay and underneath the car to see if it was spraying out of somewhere else but I don't think I saw any liquid (I held the spray button down for a good 10-15 seconds so there should have been some sign of liquid).

The spray holes don't appear to be clogged from the outside and I wouldn't have thought all the holes would suddenly clog at exactly the same time overnight so I didn't bother sticking a needle through those.

Anyone have any ideas why this might be and where I can start looking for issues? It's almost as though the feed for the front jets is blocked somewhere at the reservoir itself.

Pull the pipes off the jets under the bonnet give them a good blow don't suck apparently it can make you really ill I did but wasn't fortunately .If there's no joy syphon the bottle I did this it brought loads of crap up

Thanks for the reply, I will try this today!

There is a small filter between the bottle and punp which can get clogged with particulates.

Access is via the driver side wheel arch behind the liner.

Pump pulls out of the filter which acts like a grommet holding the pump in place.

Other options are running a hose into the wash bottle or blast a computer dusting spray down the washer pipes.

Sent from my SM-G930F

• Like 2

For things like the op's I have a set of plastic syringes of varying sizes. Use one to back flush the tubes.

Thanks for the replies guys. Turns out my issue was way simpler. The hose was being pressed by the bonnet hinge, cuz I opened the bonnet and then tried firing the sprays and they worked fine. So I repositioned the hose and all is good now!

• Like 3

Make sure if you're manually mixing your screen wash not to over do it with the concentrate. To much and it will congeal into a jelly at the bottom of the screen wash tank. Found this out the hard way, a week after picking up my first car :laugh:

• Like 4

Thanks for the replies guys. Turns out my issue was way simpler. The hose was being pressed by the bonnet hinge, cuz I opened the bonnet and then tried firing the sprays and they worked fine. So I repositioned the hose and all is good now!

Good to see it was a straightforward fix.

Sent from my SM-G930F

• Like 2

• 3 years later...

Hey gents/ladies

i have a 2013 focus st.

my Water window washer Is only working every now and again. Water bottle is full. Fuses are fine. Can’t figure it out. Help

Have you to much soap in it ? Flush it out with a hosepipe 

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
On 9/27/2016 at 7:02 PM, djsubtronic said:

Thankyou so much for this!  Saved us a lot of time, effort and money.  Worked a treat!