Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Red edition fiesta

Jakef97

Hi all, I'm not exactly a new member but I haven't really posted anything on here in a while, so I thought I'd reintroduce myself! Currently the owner of a 1.0 red edition fiesta, just wondering who's from the North Wales area? Here's a pic of my car, show me yours as well please! 

JakeIMG_1161.JPG

• Like 1

Welcome Jake :D sweet ride! I've added some photos of mine, I'm from Yorkshire :D.

16 minutes ago, fraserrg said:

I like it mate, whats the vents on your bonnet? Stick on? 

I also wondered if bonnet vent gel badge existed or its simply cut holes in your bonnet and that's it. I'd like to know about it if such non harming stick on vents exist :)

IMAG0342.jpg

IMAG0348.jpg

22 minutes ago, fraserrg said:

I like it mate, whats the vents on your bonnet? Stick on? 

Yeah just stick on, didn't want to be cutting holes in the bonnet as I'm upgrading next year! 

1 minute ago, EmmaKitkat27 said:

Welcome Jake :D sweet ride! I've added some photos of mine, I'm from Yorkshire :D.

I also wondered if bonnet vent gel badge existed or its simply cut holes in your bonnet and that's it. I'd like to know about it if such non harming stick on vents exist :)

IMAG0342.jpg

IMAG0348.jpg

Thanks Emma! Thank you! Very nice, I like the spoiler extensions! And the bonnet vents are just off eBay, just use an adhesive tape to stick them on! 

• Like 1

Just now, Jakef97 said:

Yeah just stick on, didn't want to be cutting holes in the bonnet as I'm upgrading next year! 

Thanks Emma! Thank you! Very nice, I like the spoiler extensions! And the bonnet vents are just off ebay, just use an adhesive tape to stick them on! 

Sweet! Drop a link from eBay if you can won't you :) I might look into it. Oh and the type of adhesive tape, was it a foam kind of thing with a bit of thinkness like whats on the Ecoboost badges at the back? Or plain double sided tape :) Need something that's going to easily come off. All mine are cosmetic too, im still standard under it all. Its just in case I need to sell on, but that won't be for another few years hopefully :) That's if I can contain my excitement for the Fiesta ST. :P

• Like 1

1 minute ago, EmmaKitkat27 said:

Sweet! Drop a link from Ebay if you can won't you :) I might look into it. Oh and the type of adhesive tape, was it a foam kind of thing with a bit of thinkness like whats on the Ecoboost badges at the back? Or plain double sided tape :) Need something that's going to easily come off. All mine are cosmetic too, im still standard under it all. Its just in case I need to sell on, but that won't be for another few years hopefully :) That's if I can contain my excitement for the Fiesta ST. :P

I can't at the moment just search for Rs bonnet vents on eBay! Just make sure you buy the ones with no holes in! And yes the tape with a bit of thickness, but any would work I'd assume! Likewise with me, all mine are cosmetic too, the car has a cat back exhaust on at the moment but I doubt that gives any power gains! Haha, I can't contain my excitement which is why I'm buying an st next year!

• Like 1

Where you get your exhaust mate? I think you're in the same boat as me with the pcp or whatever? I am tempted to get  mine changed and just weld the stock back on after my time is up with the car, I don't think they would notice. 

Also, I had stick on vents before, but one was squint and it seriously bugged me, they are a nightmare to get off, you need to use hot water and a bit of string or something to gently prize them off, then you're left with all the residue on the bonnet, I wouldn't bother getting them @EmmaKitkat27

35 minutes ago, fraserrg said:

Where you get your exhaust mate? I think you're in the same boat as me with the pcp or whatever? I am tempted to get  mine changed and just weld the stock back on after my time is up with the car, I don't think they would notice. 

Also, I had stick on vents before, but one was squint and it seriously bugged me, they are a nightmare to get off, you need to use hot water and a bit of string or something to gently prize them off, then you're left with all the residue on the bonnet, I wouldn't bother getting them @EmmaKitkat27

I had though that maybe WD40 and/or bug and tar remover might remove them promptly if needed. Some people have managed to swap their EcoNetic badges for Ecoboost badges on the boot with little effort getting all the sticky off. Its on and off this decision because some people don't particularly like the bonnet vents on the Fiestas. I can see why you would and you wouldn't too. Plus if its just aesthetic its probably less worth it. Thanks anyway :)

2 hours ago, fraserrg said:

It's a custom made one from power flow, I'll post a picture of it when the cars back from repair (had a woman nearly write off the car last week😬). Yeah mate that's the plan with me too, I'm on PCP as well! But my mum is thinking of buying the car after the 2 years are up and she loves the exhaust on it haha! 

2 hours ago, EmmaKitkat27 said:

I had though that maybe WD40 and/or bug and tar remover might remove them promptly if needed. Some people have managed to swap their EcoNetic badges for Ecoboost badges on the boot with little effort getting all the sticky off. Its on and off this decision because some people don't particularly like the bonnet vents on the Fiestas. I can see why you would and you wouldn't too. Plus if its just aesthetic its probably less worth it. Thanks anyway :)

If you get the vents with the actual holes in and get your bonnet cut then they would actually be useful but unless you want to get a replacement bonnet when you come to part ex/sell then that wouldn't be a good idea!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jakef97 said:

If you get the vents with the actual holes in and get your bonnet cut then they would actually be useful but unless you want to get a replacement bonnet when you come to part ex/sell then that wouldn't be a good idea!

Yeah, I agree. My plan is to send her in for stonechip repair when the day finally comes. There's also only two single scuffs on the front alloys where I overshot one turn and it made a light mark and the other one must be from moving around dealerships. But at 40£ a wheel and only having to get half the set done I'm winning so far :)

Other than that she gets treat with Meguiars, Autoglym and maybe starting to sample Ads Car Care products from Ford Fair :) no one eats in her either and the back seats are rarely used. :) Seat bolsters haven't creased or squashed either. I'd say I'm doing well, but that's just me xD

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EmmaKitkat27 said:

Yeah, I agree. My plan is to send her in for stonechip repair when the day finally comes. There's also only two single scuffs on the front alloys where I overshot one turn and it made a light mark and the other one must be from moving around dealerships. But at 40£ a wheel and only having to get half the set done I'm winning so far :)

Other than that she gets treat with Meguiars, Autoglym and maybe starting to sample Ads Car Care products from Ford Fair :) no one eats in her either and the back seats are rarely used. :) Seat bolsters haven't creased or squashed either. I'd say I'm doing well, but that's just me xD

Good idea, I'd do the same but Ford say they cover general wear and tear! £40 a wheel? Where can you get them done for that price? Sounds like she gets treated nicely haha, mine just gets a wash once a week with demon cleaning products! Can you imagine how I felt when I saw this damage to my car?

IMG_1575.JPG

4 hours ago, Jakef97 said:

Good idea, I'd do the same but Ford say they cover general wear and tear! £40 a wheel? Where can you get them done for that price? Sounds like she gets treated nicely haha, mine just gets a wash once a week with demon cleaning products! Can you imagine how I felt when I saw this damage to my car?

IMG_1575.JPG

Oh my (insert plenty of bad words here) i'd have cried. on the spot. How?? Hope you had a dashcam! Which idiot did that, the guy in front? That won't come out with bug and tar remover :(

And my bad, works out at £50 per wheel, if you have 4 to do. Not really sure for 1 2 or 3 wheels. Not a bad price for all that below though and a same day service. Plus I think they can powder coat back to original or whatever colour you want. Not sure, they have a facebook page :)

Refurbishment of 4 alloys in any colour (Tyres removed, All old paint chemically stripped, damage repaired and powder coated, new valves fitted and wheels balanced, same day service - 9AM drop off and 5:30PM collection)

- £200 for wheels up for 20"...
- £240 for anything above 20"

(Please contact us for prices on split rims and diamond cut wheels)

Based in Trafford park, Manchester. Platinum Coatings - Alloy Wheel Refurbishment and Powder Coating

Contact - 07957 735138

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, EmmaKitkat27 said:

Oh my (insert plenty of bad words here) i'd have cried. on the spot. How?? Hope you had a dashcam! Which idiot did that, the guy in front? That won't come out with bug and tar remover :(

And my bad, works out at £50 per wheel, if you have 4 to do. Not really sure for 1 2 or 3 wheels. Not a bad price for all that below though and a same day service. Plus I think they can powder coat back to original or whatever colour you want. Not sure, they have a facebook page :)

Refurbishment of 4 alloys in any colour (Tyres removed, All old paint chemically stripped, damage repaired and powder coated, new valves fitted and wheels balanced, same day service - 9AM drop off and 5:30PM collection)

- £200 for wheels up for 20"...
- £240 for anything above 20"

(Please contact us for prices on split rims and diamond cut wheels)

Based in Trafford park, Manchester. Platinum Coatings - Alloy Wheel Refurbishment and Powder Coating

Contact - 07957 735138

There was many bad words haha! Was going round a roundabout, signalled to come off and some Woman in an Astra went straight into the side of me and put the car on two wheels! And yeah the car in the picture, no dash cam but I didn't need any more proof that it was her fault as my insurance company proved straight away that it was her fault!

That's a really good price thanks for that, not too far away from me either! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jakef97 said:

There was many bad words haha! Was going round a roundabout, signalled to come off and some Woman in an Astra went straight into the side of me and put the car on two wheels! And yeah the car in the picture, no dash cam but I didn't need any more proof that it was her fault as my insurance company proved straight away that it was her fault!

That's a really good price thanks for that, not too far away from me either! 

Just /had/ to be a Vauxhall driver didn't it, hah! Its good that you're insurance has pulled through though :)