Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Ka soaking wet driver's side footwell

Jcoventry

Hello, this is my first posting on this site which I found as I was searching for any info regarding leaks on Ford KAs.

My wifes car has developed one in exacltly the same area, front footwell, as the original post. The car is going to a dealer tomorrow and I intend to take the matter up with Ford.

Can anyone tell me the address of Ford,s customer relations( Iprefer Complaints dept) department and maybe even a name or two?

Beat Wishes Bill

Ford customer relations is just a big call centre, sending a letter there won't really get you anywhere. I handled all my complaints/problems over the phone. As long as you get the name of the person you're talking to, and a case number, you shouldn't have too much of a problem.

• 2 years later...

Hi to anyone who has a new KA, and has found water ingress into the drivers side footwell.

Ford has released a list of seven different places the water ingress could be coming from.

1. THE AIR DUCT BEHIND THE SCUTTLE PANEL (NOT ENOUGH SEALER)

2. THE SEAM IN THE FENDOR UNDER THE SCUTTLE PANEL (NOT ENOUGH SEALER)

3. THE ABS WIRING GROMET (COMES LOOSE)

4. THE PEDEL BOX GROMETS (COME LOOSE)

5. THE WEATHER STRIP AROUND THE DOOR (NOT ENOUGH SEALER ON BOTTOM)

6. THE SEAM IN THE REAR FOOTWELL BEHIND THE PRE-TENSIONER (NOT ENOUGH SEALER)

and number 7. MODELS WITH AIR CON HAVE A LEAK OFF PIPE FROM THE UNIT GOING OUT THE FLOOR NEXT TO THE CLUTCH PEDAL LEAKS OUT THE TOP OF THE PIPE ON TO THE FLOOR (REQUIRES TAPE TO SEAL) this is the one it tends to be causing the problem.

Hope this helps any one with the same problem and ford cant or wont fix it for you :)

• 3 years later...

I've had this same problem with my wife's 55 plate Ka Luxury with sunroof (bought new) since January this year. The driver's footwell gets wet after a heavy downpour, even if the car hasn't been driven during the rain. I plan to implement Hey44's solution when the car is MoTed in early December. In the meantime, I'll just have to use J cloths to dry it as best I can and then leave the roof, doors and windows open and hope that today's sun dries it out before the next downpour. Thank you for starting and continuing this very useful online discussion.

• 3 years later...
On 11/25/2016 at 8:26 AM, AlanMurrells said:

I've had this same problem with my wife's 55 plate Ka Luxury with sunroof (bought new) since January this year. The driver's footwell gets wet after a heavy downpour, even if the car hasn't been driven during the rain. I plan to implement Hey44's solution when the car is MoTed in early December. In the meantime, I'll just have to use J cloths to dry it as best I can and then leave the roof, doors and windows open and hope that today's sun dries it out before the next downpour. Thank you for starting and continuing this very useful online discussion.

Realise this is a longshot 3 years on Alan, but did you (or any other owners with this problem) try the 'black rubber glove' solution suggested by Hey44?