Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1.0 Ecoboost engine undertray

ThaiFiesta

Hi, has anyone fitted an engine undertray to a Mk7.5 1.0 Ecoboost model? I believe these were OEM equipment for diesel models, maybe only the Mk7. Does it fit without much effort? Any disadvantages? Thanks

IMG_3244.PNG

I've had one fitted by the dealer, but whether they used the one from the Diesel I dare not say.

All I can tell you is that it's possible to get one that fits - it's not much but I thought I'd chip in anyway :-)

• Like 1

The undertray is not something that is standard on diesels or patrols, some markets get them as standard, other markets don't. I know that some Scandinavian country's get the undertray as standard. In the German market, a Focus does come with an undertray, but the Fiesta don't. Over here in The Netherlands, the fiesta and Focus do not come with an undertray. Some luxury models get them as standard, because it reduces the road noise a bit.

The undertray of a MK7 and MK7,5 are the same. I fitted one to my old MK7 (1,25 85hp) and my current MK7,5 (1.0 125hp). Never had any problems with it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HarryNLD said:

The undertray is not something that is standard on diesels or patrols, some markets get them as standard, other markets don't. I know that some Scandinavian country's get the undertray as standard. In the German market, a Focus does come with an undertray, but the Fiesta don't. Over here in The Netherlands, the fiesta and Focus do not come with an undertray. Some luxury models get them as standard, because it reduces the road noise a bit.

The undertray of a MK7 and MK7,5 are the same. I fitted one to my old MK7 (1,25 85hp) and my current MK7,5 (1.0 125hp). Never had any problems with it.

Thanks for the update. Here in Thailand the Focus has them but the Fiesta does not. Roads are often dirty and I'm hoping it will keep my engine bay cleaner, without increasing the heat too much.