Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2015 Ecoboost Ambient Lighting

Zirk

Hi all,

First post and my apologies for it being lengthy & if this has been discussed before but I simply cannot find the relevant information for late model Fiesta's.

A little background......

My 2015 Ecoboost did not come with ambient lighting as standard however I did manage to activate it with Forscan.
The only wiring I could find for it was above/behind the glovebox plugged into a blank slot but there was no voltage initially.

Upon activation there was voltage on that cable, so I used it to wire 3 30cm LED strips - 1 to each front foot well & the other above the glovebox.

Looks like this;

IMG_0740.JPG

Works perfectly, fades in & out and works continuously when the park & headlights are on but......if I try to connect any more LED strips - for the rear foot wells - then all the strips stop working until I remove the extra strip/s. I'm assuming this is because I'm drawing to much voltage.

So my question is where is the factory ambient lighting wiring for the front foot wells & drink holder? I have read older posts about plugs found wrapped in tape but I have searched & can't find any plugs or did Ford stop fitting the required wiring as standard in favor of the kit shown in the link below?

My dealer did tell me that they can fit the ambient lighting kit but it would cost about $500 and its simply plug and play.

This is the kit;

https://accessories.ford.com/kit-additional-lamp-electr-parts.html

If this is true then where is it wired from in the car?

I would like to get my rear foot wells, drink holder & possibly door bins to work like the factory ambient lighting (with my own led strips), so if anyone can assist I would be very grateful.

Thanks. 

• Like 1

All I know is that the EU spec Fiesta does not come with foot well ambient lighting. Only above the glove box, cup holders, front door cards and next to the front interior lights.