Do Not Sell My Personal Information

focus 1.0 eco boost 2016 sat nav

tony1076

hi all newbie here just a quickie i bought a focus 1.0 eco boost 2016 reg  great car but im wondering if there is an update on the sat nav  whats happening is when i go past any speed cameras it just says caution nothing on the screen to say whats the limit etc nothing just caution ????  this cant be right can it  on the sd card its got number 3 on it does anyone know if there is any updates  got the car from motorpoint  so they dont know phoned chambers of sutton they want £225 + vat lol  thank you all in advance 

4 hours ago, iantt said:

f3? should be f5 in a 2016 focus if you have sync2

how will i know if its a sync 2   thanks for getting back

SYNC 2 is the 8 Inch touchscreen.

F3 was released in 2014. All currently sold vehicles should have the F5 SD-card which was released in March 2016.

• Like 1

Apparently there was a free update to f4 as there was a fault on f3 to do with post codes. I had a f2 on my 2014 focus, got a f5 SD on e bay for £25. I would have thought a new car should have f5, which is 6 months old.

36 minutes ago, TitXlover said:

Apparently there was a free update to f4 as there was a fault on f3 to do with post codes. I had a f2 on my 2014 focus, got a f5 SD on e bay for £25. I would have thought a new car should have f5, which is 6 months old.

thats what i thought ?? i phoned chambers of sutton they say there is no updates for my car 

Someone's probably swapped it, or its old stock only recently registered.

When does etis say it was built?

40 minutes ago, alexp999 said:

Someone's probably swapped it, or its old stock only recently registered.

When does etis say it was built?

no idea will have a look and let you know  it could be what you say its been swopped  does anyone know where i can get an f5 from im in birmingham

• 2 weeks later...

hi guys i have now bought a new sd card  no 5   it works fine but guess what no spped cam  alerts only once in a while it will say caution  nothing on the screen to warn of any cameras  i cant belive  a big car compay like ford cant put the speed cameras  on the sat nav never known anything like it  oh well i will go a buy a  stand alone speed camera dectector

The f5 I got seems OK, still flagging up speed cameras. Maybe check settings?

On 14/10/2016 at 0:51 PM, tony1076 said:

hi guys i have now bought a new sd card  no 5   it works fine but guess what no spped cam  alerts only once in a while it will say caution  nothing on the screen to warn of any cameras  i cant belive  a big car compay like ford cant put the speed cameras  on the sat nav never known anything like it  oh well i will go a buy a  stand alone speed camera dectector

All you need to do is go into settings and select visual warning. This will display in the small screen in front of steering wheel. An icon will display. I much prefer the audio warning myself.

shouldnt a responsible driver already be aware of the posted speed limit on the road he/she is driving on without having to be told by the sat nav ?

not the point i know but i'm an awkward git so i made it anyway.

kids today expect their arses wiped for them  ;-)

i am a responsible driver already aware of the posted speed limit on the roads  i should  do i'm on them everyday as im a hgv driver  but you know as were in 2016  not the 70s or 80s were we used maps its nice  to use modern technology like sat navs  anyway i like getting my bum wiped  not bad for a 55 yr old kid  :wacko: