Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Water On Drivers Side Floor: Blocked A/C Outlet?

as400

Noticed an area of wetness on the drivers front floor area only. Checked coolant level and it was fine so am guessing its a blocked A/C outlet tube.

But running the A/C still produces the usual dripping under the car so guess that's OK.

This is drivers side only nowhere else.

Any ideas?

Thanks for any advice.

20160930_154600.jpg

Look to the left of the drivers footwell, there are two pipes for the a/c, the seals are known to leak. Search the forums as there are a few posts on how to fix it. (When you look you may spot fluid seeping down the pipe

The heater housing itself can also be the cause of the leaking. During time the seals of the heater housing can deteriorate. If this happens the condensation inside the heater housing which collects at the bottom of the housing leaks into the interior instead of the drain tube.

Cheers Russ...I can see this one?...is there another?....think i did see a drip of water come out while i was photographing it actually!...I guess over time it could have built up, the soundproofing foam is quite soaked.

Pipe.jpg

• Like 1

I believe there are two aluminium pipes 'further up' the bulkhead. The pipe in your photo looks like a drain pipe.

Mmmm I'll have another poke around tomorrow when its light.

Got so fed up of the wet thick heavy sound proofing I have cut it mostly out as well as half of the poor quality carpet.

This is meant to be a cheap interim run around car as my A6 got written off by a Muslim asleep at the wheel due to fasting for Ramadan so I don't mind hacking it up a bit.

Actually quite impressed with the torque from the 2.0tdci engine, have plans to lower it a tad and get a remap with EGR delete as work is a 100 mile round journey, getting 43mpg without driving like Miss Daisy.

the drain can and does block up and leak simply remove the pipe and put a wire coat hanger down it

• 7 years later...

Just unblocked mine I hope. Was getting massive amounts of ice cold water coming out on left hand corners all over my left foot after a few ks. Couldn't find drain but moved exhaust heat shield a bit and out it poured. This was first thing in morning, and it had been dripping all night.