Do Not Sell My Personal Information

No manual boot release.

Jee

Hello everyone,

I recently bought my first car, just a £1000 run around to last me 12 months and get my insurance down a bit next year (although its actually surprisingly cheap now). I bought a 2005 Focus LX 1.6 5Dr, i have a query with it; Currently the only way to open the boot is with the button on the remote key fob, the problem i have with that is that the fob is on its way out so i'll need to get it replaced. My question is, shouldn't there be another way to open the boot? Theres no button in the cockpit, i've searched everywhere, and the button on the boot itself doesn't actually do anything.

So is there more than one way to open the boot? Is it just the button on the boot itself is knackered and i just need to have it fixed? Because it seems to me that there has to be a second way. It's a door and is thus an emergency entrance/exit for the vehicle so, surely, it being controlled only by the key and being rendered un-openable if the key dies just seems odd to me. 

Hope someone can help shed some light on this for me.

Thanks in advance.

It is a common fault for the boot release button to gather water and corrosion.

It's easy to replace but some have found that a good de-gungeing helps.

Sent from my SM-G930F

I removed the plastic cover and found a correded snapped bar which I removed I cleaned it out inside the switch opening and just press the micro switch direct which opens the boot.The switch takes a bit of time to locate till you get used to where it is,I covered it with a piece of duck tape.