Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2006 sportka misfire

Jivers88

Hey all my girlfriend has an 06 sportka and it's been a right nightmare.

It drove fine for a week then it all went wrong. The engine management light came on and lost all power and wouldn't go over 40.

I changed all the usual plugs, lead, coil. It then came up with injector 3 fail. So we changed that. It worked fine for the day then it happened again. This time coming  up p0302 missing on cylinder 2. Coolant temp sensor. 

I've changed the Coolant sensor but once we did that the misfire on 2 went.

Still.. no luck and still misfiring. I can't believe it's injectors the cars only done 54k miles. The lights back on and haven't had it plugged it again. Just wondered if anyone has had similar problems or any ideas 

Thanks in advance 

I have a Streetkrap and they are all the same once its done 60k or thereabouts all the serious suspension rust problems , alarm going off randomly due to hood sensor failure , fuel pump failure, lambda sensor failure , front drivers footwell swimming pool, ecu and more - if its got KA in the name they are a heap of badly engineered and cheap parts bag of sh*te!

The most important thing you can have in your toolkit is an obd test reader - get a cheap obd900 on eBay for £20 then you can run live tests and check the obd codes properly.

OBD fault finding is becoming a bit of an art - when you get certain codes they can actually relate to other faults and not what the code actually tells you is the problem ie the upstream sensor affecting the downstream sensor etc.

Once you have plugged one get back to us and give a list of the error codes it pulls from your ECU!
Your car is in limp home mode due to a serious problem.
In order of possiblity:-

Faulty spark plug or wire

Faulty coil (pack)

Faulty oxygen sensor(s)

Faulty fuel injector

Burned exhaust valve

Faulty catalytic converter(s)

Running out of fuel

Poor compression

Defective ECU

I would go for INJECTOR, lambda sensor or ECU!

Swap the injectors over and see if the misfire occurs on a different cylinder , that way you can be reasonably sure its the Injector or take it out and do a bench test on the injector its pretty easy to do! There are a few good youtube videos on testing injectors on the benchj!

Good luck and remember to get back to us and let us know if you fix it!

Well I used to have a sportka myself and it was a great car must of been lucky.

I'm glad you mentioned lamba and ecu because they are my next port of call. Things going randomly wrong all over makes no sense. Will check the injectors Monday and hopefully they are OK  £100 each isn't fun!

I just buy all my parts second hand off eBay - cars dismantling or junkyards and ive always been lucky.
Besides there is never a better Sunday out than rummaging for hours in old car junk yards or maybe I am just weird that way!

Just got a fuel pump for £20 sold the old broken ones fuel level meter for £10 on eBay and it works perfectly so a tenner for a genuine Ford fuel pump in comparison to
an off the market one for £100 and its solved all my engine problems so dont forget the old fuel pump it can cause a lot of things to go wrong.

I guess it depends how much of a tightarse ye are and I am so tight i wouldnt give a ghost a fright and yes I am Scottish but we call it being CANNY!

Tight as a gnats! But I always buy a round ! lol