Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Newby needing info :-)

Billyeck

Hi all I have just bought a 2006 focus 2.0L petrol titanium .

The car starts every time but sometimes I need to press the acceleration to help it start, has any1 come across this problem before?

iv just done a full service, plugs and coils included so we can rule them out. 

just woundering if any1 knows of a decat pipe for this model ? Can't find them anywhere on eBay?

Kind regards

billy

I think in the manual it does recommend that you start with the clutch down. I was also thinking which coil pack did you choose?

My 2.0 petrol duratec does this sometimes starts next go tho it's not enough of a problem for me to bother about tho 👍

Think most cars now a days require the clutch to be depressed to start. My current and last one required it.

Hi all . Just  a update.

had the car terra cleaned today and it showed a few faults on diagnostics 

Misfire faults p300 , p302 , p303 and clutch sensor p1709

not really sure where to go from here. 

Was thinking of changing oxygen sensor but where do I stop 😕

I don't think the misfire codes are there all time as it runs smooth at all times, never feel like there is a misfire when driving, pulls really well in all rev ranges , must be something and nothing.

only the odd time on start up that is occurs . 

Ive always pushed the clutch in on start up it dis engages the gearbox which allows  all battery power to turn the engine over I was told, helps on cold mornings! 

they could be old codes , clear them and drive car for a while and recheck.

Iv been out in the car tonight and started it about 4 times with the clutch pressed and it started every time. The car feels good on power after the terra clean. Really picks its feet up . Il continue with the clutch pressed and see if it continues to start. 

Must be old codes because it runs sweet without any problems, 

Il keep you updated 👍

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well the car has started every time with the clutch pressed in. Must of had 25 start ups now. 

Cheers for all info 👍

I know it's slightly off topic but I had mine terracleaned bout 4mth ago. 2.0 petrol mk2.5 duratec. It's made a bug difference to the engine pulls alot better now in all gears. 

As for your issue I always start with my clutch down too but I've gotta as got the Ford power start system. But I'd clear codes and see if they come back as cud be old codes like previously mentioned 

• Like 1

It was  recommended  in the manual for winter starts, but after a while you press the clutch automatically .

P.S

In the winter it may be a good idea to keep the car running for a minute before you drive away and drive the car a little slower, to allow the engine to warm up as this will be good for the engine.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club